QuickBooks error 12007 usually arises when the user tries to download QuickBooks Desktop and payroll. The error occurs when QuickBooks is unable to connect to the internet while downloading the update. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “Error code 12007: Unable to connect to Internet.” The firewall’s interference with the update file is the leading cause of the error. Continue reading the blog to get in-depth knowledge on QuickBooks error 12007, its causes and solutions.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to tackle QuickBooks error 12007, then dial our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 80070057
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 12007?
The error comes up due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks desktop application is outdated.
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks.
- Inappropriate firewall and security settings.
As of now, you are well versed with the causes behind the error. Let us proceed to the solutions given below.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error 12007
Given below are the most effective solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Set Internet Explorer as the default browser
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to open most of its windows, so make sure it is set as the default browser. If not, follow the steps given below to do the same:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right corner or click the Tools menu.
- Next, select Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab.
- Hover over Default Web Browser and click on the Make Default button.
- At last, click OK.
If the solution given above didn’t work, try the next one.
Solution 2. Configure Internet Explorer
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab and then the Globe icon.
- Set security level to Medium-high.
- Choose the Connections tab.
- Select Never Dial a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node.
- If you use dial-up node (DUN) on the system, choose the correct ISP.
- Click LAN settings and select the automatically detect settings option.
- Document the complete address and port if Use a Proxy Server is selected.
- If the port is 80, clear the checkbox for testing purposes.
- If the port is other than 80, don’t uncheck the Use a Proxy Server option.
- Select the Advanced tab and then Restore Advanced Settings.
- Move to the Settings section and select Use TLS 1.2.
- Click OK and then close Internet Explorer.
We have tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 12007. Hopefully, you find the blog helpful and informative. If the problem continues, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).