QuickBooks Desktop does not start or won’t open for a number of reasons listed below. It may have begun damage the last time it was in use or it must have been damaged due to some form of corruption on your hard drive where the file is stored.
Most reasons include using incorrect versions of QuickBooks. Or issue with the location of the files such as an access permission problem with the file name or the file extension or conflict qbw.tlg file is additional reasons why you are not able to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Main Reasons why QuickBooks won’t open
It is possible that QuickBooks won’t open an error to occur due to a number of reasons hindering your work midway. The following are some major factor are as follow:
- QuickBooks company file name is too long.
- QuickBooks will not open in the single-user mode when multiple users attempt to access the company file.
- Quickbooks won’t open because a complete file has a reported problem
- The image on missing QBWUSER.INI FILE
- Corruption on your hard drive.
- Damaged program file for QuickBooks Desktop Installation.
- Damage window operating system.
Way to open QuickBooks when it won’t open
Users need to restore a backup in QuickBooks but they can’t get QuickBooks itself to open
This can happen if your complete file got damaged during the last session in the program for if the power went off for your computer to turn off without closing the output book first or there was a network problem or some other kind of hardware problem.
Next time you run QuickBooks as it tries to open the data file but the complete file is corrupted enough that it can be opened then QuickBooks will give an error and shut down your QuickBooks.
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks won’t Open Error
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the newest version
- First, login into QuickBooks as administrator.
- Go to the Help menu to Update QuickBooks.
- Mark all choices within the options tab.
- Saved the procedure and so click on the Update Now tab.
- When the updating of the QuickBooks is completed. Mark all choices within the options tab.
- Restart the program to check the updated version.
Method 2: Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download and run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to check and repair the damaged window components
- Go to the website and download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool and install the Tool.
- Run it and click on the issues you want to solve.
- Restart the system and take a look at putting in QB once more.
Method 3: Temporarily disable your antivirus program
We know all use antivirus for your system but you need to disable your antivirus for a temporary period of time. This helps you to prevent your system from the QuickBooks error. When you disable your antivirus and it’s working then that is great for you but if not then you need to completely uninstall it. Here you can see the following steps:
- First, open the run box by pressing Windows + R key.
- Type appwiz.cpl in that box and then click OK.
- You can see your program list so click on the antivirus and click Uninstall.
- Wait for a while to uninstall it.
Method 4: Again Installing the QuickBooks properly
Clean Installation of QB by using the QB Clean Install Tool. First, we Uninstall QB, then rename the QB folders, and again reinstall QB. These processes are mentioned below with steps:
- Open your system and then select the Windows + R keys to open the run box.
- Type ‘control panel’ and opt for OK
- Select the Programs & Features option.
- Go to the Programs list, and click on QuickBooks and choose the Uninstall/change.
- Go with the instructions and end the uninstallation process.
Rename the Folders.
- Use ‘Windows Explorer’ to find all the hidden files or folders.
- Rename every folder location.
- Folder path are as follow:
- C:\users\the current user\appdata\local\intuit\QB (year)
- C:\program files\intuit\quickbooks( year).
- First, go to the Windows Notification Area.
- When you see antivirus, click on it and temporarily disable it.
- If having issues then take a guide from your antivirus service provider.
- After that, you are able to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
Method 5: Create a New Window Admin user
- Add a Window user with administration rights.
- Admin access to the QuickBooks programs like QuickBooks data server manager,
Method 6: Change and Repairing QuickBooks
- The terribly initial step is to open QuickBooks and navigate to the assistance menu.
- Click on update QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the corporate file and begin doing the tasks interrupted by QuickBooks 404 error.
- In case the difficulty continues, then move ahead with repairing QuickBooks:
- At first, press Windows + R keys.
- And then, sort Appwiz.cpl within the box.
- Now, opt for the QuickBooks code type the list of put-in programs, and click on repair.
- Now check if it repairs or not.