Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is the best accounting software used by hundreds and thousands of mid-sized businesses to take care of bookkeeping and financing operations. The best part about QuickBooks is that Intuit releases its updates from time to time to improve the overall functionality of the application. However, no matter how advantageous QuickBooks is, it is not immune from errors and bugs. One such error is QuickBooks error 80070057 which occurs when a user tries to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. The error pop-up on the computer screen with an error description, which states, “The parameter is incorrect.” To ensure the smooth functioning of QuickBooks Desktop, we have come up with this post to discuss the reasons that usually prompt error 80070057 along with the solutions.
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get rid of QuickBooks error 80070057 without breaking a sweat! Feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number 1.800.583.0572.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 80070057?
Usually, QuickBooks error code 80070057 gets triggered when the QuickBooks Desktop version user has on the computer is outdated. Although, there can be other reasons as well, like as follows:
- Issues with the QuickBooks company file, such as data corruption.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 80070057?
Solution 1) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Open any web browser on the computer.
- Visit Intuit’s official website, look for the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (126.96.36.199) and get it on the computer.
- Select the setup file you got (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the steps mentioned on the screen.
- Finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the application.
- Select the Company File Issues tab from the left pane of the window.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Choose the Browse and search button to find and select the company file on the computer.
- Click on the Check your file option and then select the Continue button.
- When prompted, type in the QuickBooks administrator password and then select the Next button to run the tool.
Solution 2) Manually update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent release
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Into the search box, type “QuickBooks” and look for the QuickBooks Desktop version you use in the search results.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Desktop to open the application.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- When prompted, type in the QuickBooks admin password.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, select the Help menu located at the uppermost menu bar.
- From the drop-down list, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Go to the Options tab and click on the Mark All button.
- Move on to the Update Now tab, select the Reset Updates checkbox, and then click on the Get Updates button.
- On the keyboard, press the Alt and F4 keys altogether to close down QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and select the Yes button at the window pop-up asking for permission to install the downloaded updates.
Even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, if you can’t get rid of QuickBooks error 80070057, then there are high chances that the ND and TLG configuration files that let QuickBooks Desktop connect to the company file are either damaged or corrupted. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to repair the configuration files by renaming them and see whether you get the error or not while opening the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the company file error from our professional technical team at the toll-free number 1.800.583.0572.