Have a lot of accounting work to complete, but every time you try to make some changes to the company file in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks abort error abruptly shows up on the screen and forcefully shut down the application? If yes, make sure to resolve it as soon as you can because ignoring it for a while can grievously damage the company data. You might be seeing an error message with the error pop-up reading, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.” There can be several reasons causing such an abort error that we intend to discuss with you through this post, along with the solutions to rectify it.
Do you need instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks abort error without breaking a sweat? If yes, feel free to reach our technical support team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.
What can be the reasons behind the existence of QuickBooks connection has been lost error?
Generally, the QuickBooks connection has been lost error gets triggered when there are some complications with the company file itself, like data corruption. However, there can be other reasons also, like as follows:
- Any QuickBooks program file has been damaged or corrupted.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks abort error?
Solution 1) Repair the damaged company file using the verify and rebuild utility
- Open QuickBooks Desktop by double-clicking on its icon.
- Select the File menu at the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, hover over the Utilities option.
- Choose the Verify Data option from the Utilities side menu.
- Select the OK button to exit out all the windows.
- Once the tool finishes scanning the company file, go back to the File menu.
- Hover over the Utilities option and select the Rebuild Data option from the side menu.
Note: QuickBooks will ask you to create a backup of the company file to avoid the risk of data loss. Therefore, if you want to back up the company file, select the OK button and follow the onscreen instructions. In case the backup fails, select the Cancel button at the rebuild prompt and proceed further.
- When you see the following message on the computer screen: Rebuild has completed, click on the OK button.
Solution 2) Run the Quick Fix my Program tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- From Intuit’s official website, get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (220.127.116.11) and locate it on the desktop.
- Choose the installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing.
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- From the left pane of the window, choose the Program Problems tab.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program button to run the tool.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
In case QuickBooks Abort Error still arises even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there are high chances that the Windows Firewall Defender application is not letting QuickBooks connecting to the company file. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to manually configure the security settings of the Windows Firewall Defender application for QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the abort error from our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391