QuickBooks is the highest rated accounting and bookkeeping application in today’s time. But with its advanced features, comes along a risk of incurring massive glitches. One of these glitches, which we are going to cover in this blog is the QuickBooks Error 6189 816, with its warning text “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” In simpler terms it means that you need to verify your multi-user network, as your company file is good to go. Follow the blog below to learn some basic triggers and troubleshooting methods for this error.
We understand that tackling issues like QuickBooks Error 6189 816 can get messy. This is why we have an on-call tech support team available to assist you 24/7. Just dial 1-855-856-0042 get in touch with them.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 1603
What are the Causes that lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816?
- If the QuickBooks installation file is corrupted.
- If the important files of QuickBooks go missing or are missing a component.
- If another user is operating on the single-user mode and accessing the company file.
- Presence of viruses or malware in the system.
- An interruption caused by the system firewall or anti-virus program.
What are the Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Message 6189 816?
We shall now move on to the most important section of the blog which talks about the ways to troubleshoot error 6189 816 in QuickBooks –
Solution 1 – Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your Host Computer
- Close all QuickBooks screens on your desktop.
- Visit Intuit’s website and download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation process.
- Once complete, open the Tool Hub on your screen.
- Tap on the Network Issues tab and choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Locate your company file in the running window and hit the Start Scan button
- Allow the program to run a deep scan on your device. The Database Manager will fix your firewall issues.
- After this, tap on Close. Access QuickBooks and check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2 – Repair the QuickBooks Network Data File
- Press and hold the Windows key + E on your keyboard to open the File Explorer window.
- Here, you need to navigate to the folder which holds your QuickBooks files.
- Look for the file with the Network Data (.ND) extension. You will notice it has your company file’s name.
- Click right on the file and hit the Delete button. Do not worry, QB will automatically recreate a new file.
- Open QuickBooks and allow it to create a new Network Data file. The issue should be resolved.
It is time to wrap up our blog on QuickBooks Error 6189 816. We hope that the information mentioned above, including the causes and solutions, was resourceful for you in eradicating the error. If you require secondary support or wish to clarify your doubts, dial 1-855-856-0042 and ask the experts directly.
You may also read | QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF