QuickBooks is a powerful application that has gained immense popularity among small and medium businesses for accounting and bookkeeping activities. There comes a time when a user needs to exchange data with QuickBooks. For this, Microsoft has developed a tool commonly known as Web Connector, which lets users connect a third-party application to QuickBooks. However, while connecting it to QuickBooks, users sometimes encounter QuickBooks web connector error. There are numerous web connector errors in QuickBooks, and each one of them comes up with different error messages and codes due to various reasons. Following are some of them:
- QBWC 1005, 1006: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run.
- QBWC 1085: QuickBooks was unable to write the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
Let us now go deep inside the blog to understand what trigger web connector error in QuickBooks and how to fix it.
Frustrated with facing QuickBooks web connector error? Dial +1-800-579-9430 and get technical assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Main causes of QuickBooks web connector not working error
Before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps, take a glance at the given list of causes behind the error:
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not running.
- None of the QuickBooks company files are open.
- Damaged or missing QWCLOG.TXT file can also trigger the error.
Scroll through the blog and follow the troubleshooting procedure to resolve the error.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix web connector error in QuickBooks
Method 1. Allow permissions for the QWCLog.txt file
- Open File Explorer and move to C:\Users\Public\AppData\local\IntuitQuickBooks Web Connector\version directory.
- Look for the QWCLog.txt file.
- Confirm the QWCLog.txt file is not write-protected.
- Now, open Web Connector.
If the same error continues, try the next method.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 6144 82
Method 2. Reconnect QuickBooks to Web Connector
You might encounter the error if there is no application in Web Connector and you click the Select All option. To fix this, connect your QuickBooks Desktop by following the steps given below:
- Choose the File menu and select Update web services.
- Click Manage Web Apps.
- Find the Setup button next to the app you want to set up and select it. You’ll be directed to the app’s website, where you’ll log in.
- Click Connect to QuickBooks on the app website.
- Start QuickBooks, and on the Access Confirmation window, click Done to complete the setup.
If the error recurs, proceed to the next method.
Method 3. Set Web Connector to run even when QuickBooks is close
- Use admin credentials to log in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure QuickBooks is switched to Single-user mode.
- Choose the Edit menu and then Preferences.
- Click Integrated Applications and then the Company Preferences tab.
- Choose the application you want to add.
- Select Properties and then Allow this application to log in automatically option.
- Next, click the Yes button on the Authorization window.
- Choose User to sign in and then click OK.
We have now come to the end of our blog on QuickBooks web connector error. It briefs you on primary causes and quick troubleshooting techniques to resolve the issue. If the error continues, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks unrecoverable error