Numerous errors appear in QuickBooks when a user tries to open the company file. One of them is QuickBooks error 6073, which triggers a message, “QuickBooks cannot open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. Error codes: (-6073, -99001).” This company file error is usually caused by the file being accessed using remote software and hosted on a Linux server. In addition, opening the company file located in a read-only network folder can also trigger the error. Continue reading the blog to learn more facts about QuickBooks company file error 6073, its causes, and fixation steps.
If you are unwilling to go through the complete blog to resolve QuickBooks error 6073, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2891 and get direct assistance from the QuickBooks support team
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks company file error 6073
Following are some technical conditions that give rise to the error:
- The user is accessing the data file using a remote program.
- The same company file is already open in Single User mode.
- Multiple login credentials are entered to sign in to the company file.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 2000
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 6073
Method 1. Run File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to resolve company file issues
- If open, close company files and shut QuickBooks Desktop.
- Get the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- Save the downloaded QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file somewhere on your Windows Desktop so you can easily find it.
- Double-click to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from your desktop and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Next, checkmark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish the installation process.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the desktop.
- Double-click the icon to open the QuickBooks Tool hub and go to the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor, scroll the drop-down menu, and choose your company file.
- If you can’t see your file there, click Browse and search.
- Mark the middle Check your file option, click Continue and enter login details when prompted.
- Click Next, and the tool will start scanning your company file.
- Wait till the tool resolves the issues. It usually takes 5 minutes.
- Once done, restart QuickBooks Desktop and your device.
You may read also : QuickBooks Statement Writer Error
Method 2. Switch QuickBooks and company file to Multi-user mode
- Shut QuickBooks Desktop on all devices.
- Move to your host computer and open the QuickBooks company file.
- Select the File menu and then the Switch to Multi-user mode option.
- Reboot all devices and restart QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu again and select Close Company.
- Open the company file again and select the File menu.
- Choose Open or Restore Company, then Open a company file and Next.
- Select your company file and then the Open file in multi-user mode option.
- Finally, select Open.
If none of the above fixes help you eliminate QuickBooks error 6073, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing 1.855.738.2891 and get effective troubleshooting assistance.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 557