QuickBooks error 3371 is generally associated with installation issues and pops up on the screen with a message, “Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.” The error occurs due to damaged or corrupted QuickBooks installation files. A few troubleshooting steps can fix the error. Read the blog until the end to learn more facts related to QuickBooks error 3371.
If you are searching for an immediate solution to overcome QuickBooks error 3371, then call us on our toll-free number 1-800-579-9430 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Why does QuickBooks error 3317 appear?
There are numerous factors responsible for the error. We have listed some of them below:
- QuickBooks installation files are damaged or corrupted.
- Windows operating system is outdated.
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks has been infected by viruses or malware.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
You may also read: QuickBooks error H202
Best Possible Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks error 3371
You can fix the error using the troubleshooting solutions given below:
Solution 1. Try to run 3371 error fix
To begin, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system and then use 3371:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Get the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to downloads and locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you have downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the tool hub.
- Further, agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop after installation.
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Choose Installation Issues.
- Click 3371 Error Fix.
- Select OK.
- Reopen QuickBooks and the company file.
If the above solution doesn’t work, try the next one.
Solution 2. Clean Install QuickBooks
Follow these steps to clean install the software:
- Keep note of license number, product year and version.
- Uninstall or Remove QuickBooks:
- Select the Windows Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of programs, choose the QuickBooks Desktop version you want to uninstall.
- Choose Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Click Next.
- Reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
We have tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 3371. If you still have any queries, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number 1-800-579-9430.