QuickBooks error 15311 is an infamous 15000 series error that interrupts the user while downloading the latest QuickBooks desktop and payroll update. The error prevents the user from downloading the update as the Windows firewall blocks the update file seeing it as a threat. The error comes up on the screen displaying the following error messages:
“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully.”
“Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll.”
This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks payroll update error 15311, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you are facing any trouble resolving QuickBooks error 15311, then get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks update error 15311
There are several reasons behind the error. We have listed some major causes that trigger it. Take a look:
- The Windows firewall obstructs QuickBooks access to download the update file.
- Wrong configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature certificate of files.
- Using an outdated version of Internet Explorer.
Given below are the troubleshooting procedure to fix the error.
You may also Read QuickBooks error 6000 77
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15311
Following are some basic troubleshooting steps that will help you resolve the error:
Solution 1. Installing a new digital signature certificate
The steps given below will guide you through reinstalling the certificate:
- You need to close QuickBooks as you will not see the Digital Signature tab if QuickBooks is open.
- Look for the QBW32.exe file in Windows. It is usually located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- By right-clicking the file choose Properties.
- Select the Digital Signature tab.
- Choose Intuit, Inc. From the Signature list and click Details.
- Go to the Digital Signature Details window and select View Certificate.
- Next, open the Certificate window and click Install Certificate.
- Keep clicking the Next button until Finish appears, then click Finish.
- Restart your workstation and then open QuickBooks.
- Try to download the update again.
Solution 2. Do a fresh install of QuickBooks
Here are the steps to perform a clean install:
- Before proceeding to the steps, make sure you have your QuickBooks license number.
- Also, note down the product year and version of QuickBooks.
- Now, Uninstall QuickBooks. Here’s how:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select the QuickBooks desktop version you are using from the list of programs.
- Click Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Once done, reinstall QuickBooks.
We hope after following the above troubleshooting solutions, you have successfully resolved QuickBooks error 15311. If the solutions given in the blog didn’t work for you, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number (+1 800-579-9430). They will facilitate you with advanced troubleshooting steps for the same.