The trigger warning message, “Error code: H303. This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting,” encounters when you encounter QuickBooks error H303. It must be very evident to you that the error is related to the company file. You face the issue when attempting to switch the data file from single-user to multi-user mode. It is because the multi-user connection gets blocked. Go through this detailed blog below to learn the causes and various methods of eliminating the error successfully.
Are you facing troubles in resolving the QuickBooks company file error H303? Feel free to reach out to our team of experienced QuickBooks experts via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 for instant solutions.
Top Reasons that Provokes the Error Message H303 In QuickBooks?
If you are looking for the causes of the error in detail, do not forget to check out this section of the blog. We have focused on the most usual causes-
- The wrong setup of the hosting mode on your host computer is probably one of the major reasons.
- Secondly, it is also possible that the Network Data has been damaged or corrupted.
Move on to the next section of this blog to learn the most effective and instant ways to debug the error entirely.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error C 184
Instant Methods to Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error H303
Can you not find the most suitable methods to eliminate the error? Don’t get worried. We are here to help you remove the error. Have a look at the following solutions-
SOLUTION 1: Choose ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ Menu
- Check which workstations are encountering the error H505.
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the ‘File’ tab.
- Select ‘Utilities’ to check if the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available. If yes, verify the next workstation.
- If the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option is seen in any of the workstations, it indicates that the problem is with that specific computer.
- After performing the same process on other workstations, it’s time to analyze the host computer.
- Run QuickBooks on the host computer and choose the ‘File’ menu.
- Click ‘Utilities’ to see whether the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available or not. If yes, tap on it.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager After Downloading and Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub
First, make sure you have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your desktop. If not, then go through the following steps-
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded file.
- Open the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and run it.
- As you begin installing the software, move forward with the instructions displayed on the screen. To accept the terms and conditions, select the relevant checkboxes.
- After the process is done, run the Tool Hub and go to the ‘Network Issues’ menu bar.
- Click ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- After you see your company file folder, hit on the ‘Start Scan’ option.
The article ends here. We suppose you must have been successful in rectifying the QuickBooks error H303. However, do not hesitate to connect with one of our experts if you require any additional help. Dial 1.800.579.0391 to speak to them.