QuickBooks is well-known accounting software designed for small to medium-sized companies. The application offers various features, tools, and updates for the regular improvement of the software. However, no application is perfect. You may face a few errors while using the QuickBooks Desktop application. Some errors get triggered due to changes in the system or the settings. For example, QuickBooks Display issues mostly occur when you switch from a low to a high-resolution monitor. A detailed explanation for the cause and the solution to the error are provided below in this article. Read the whole article to know more about the display issues in QuickBooks.
If you are having trouble fixing the error by yourself and need immediate help with troubleshooting, dial (855)-856-0042 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional.
Recommended to Read: QuickBooks Error 6094
Reason for the Cause of Display Issues in QuickBooks
The error mostly gets triggered due to an imbalance in the DPI value. DPI is the short form of Dots Per Inch. QuickBooks, by default, works compatible with less DPI value. The DPI value always needs to be less than 100 %. If the DPI value is 100% or above, Display Issues will get triggered. Mostly when you switch from a low to a high-resolution display system, the DPI is by default more than 100%. Therefore, the display issues get triggered in QuickBooks.
Solutions to Display Issues in QuickBooks
Modify the Display Settings in QuickBooks
You can change the display settings in QuickBooks to help fix the display settings. The steps to change the display settings are listed below:
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Next, open the Windows Start menu.
- Then, enter QuickBooks in the search box.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon from the search result.
- Click the open file location option.
- From the QuickBooks folder, search and right-click the QuickBooks.exe file.
- After that, select Properties and open the compatibility tab.
- Checkmark the Disable display scaling on the high DPI settings checkbox.
- Select both the Change high DPI settings and override high DPI scaling behaviour setting options.
- Finally, click Apply and select the OK button.
Change the View Preferences in QuickBooks
If the above solution did not help resolve the error, adjust the view preference to fix the error. Follow the steps given below to adjust the view preference:
• Open QuickBooks and select the Edit menu.
• Choose the preferences option.
• In the Preferences window, click Desktop view from the left pane.
• Then open the My Preferences tab in the preferences window.
• From the view section, checkmark the One Window checkbox.
• Finally, click the OK button and check if the error is resolved.
This article aims to explain the cause and the solutions to QuickBooks Display Issues. The solutions described above include changing the view preference and modifying the display settings in QuickBooks. If the error is still not fixed, change the Windows display settings. Dial (855)-856-0042 if you have any questions about the error or the article.