We know that every year, Intuit releases the QuickBooks latest version of its most famous accounting software in the form of QuickBooks Desktop. With every latest version, it provides new and improving features in accounting software QuickBooks Desktop so that users can work with more efficiency and easily and there is no way QuickBooks can be left behind.
Are you looking for the information that your system might need for the update? Then, in that case, this article is perfect for you as we have mentioned all your system requirements before updating your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
The list of the below-operating systems is mentioned which is required to run QB Desktop. Make sure to use Windows on that specific computer, not in a virtual environment.
- Windows 10, (all the editions including 64 bit) make sure that it is available on that computer.
- Windows 8.1(all the editions including 64 bits), installed on the computer.
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only supported until January 2020).
- Windows Server 2012, Essentials and Standard version.
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Essential and Standard version.
- Windows Server 2016, Essentials and Standard.
- Windows Server 2019, Standard & Essentials.
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Note: QuickBooks requires you to use Windows naturally and not through a virtual environment.
For Linux (using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server only) :
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8).
- Fedora 31,32.
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1 and 15.2.
For Windows :
- Windows 8.1.
- Windows 10.
- Windows Server 2011.
- Windows Server 2012, Essentials and Standard.
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Essentials, and Standard.
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2019, Essentials and Standard.
QuickBooks Desktop needs internet access and Internet Explorer 11 with 32 bit. Their browser requirements are mentioned below:
- Operating System Requirements
For QuickBooks Desktop, you need the below hardware and Operating System requirements.
|Parameters||Quickbooks Desktop (Pro/Premier/Enterprise) System Requirements|
|Processor||2.4 GHz (Minimum)|
|Server RAM requirements||1-5 users (8GB)10 users (12GB)15 users (16GB)20 users (20GB)|
|Disk space||2.5GB for installation and additional for data files (SSD recommended)|
|Windows||In US versions, Admin rights for server computer hosting multiple users|
|Optical drive||4X DVD-ROM drive for physical CD installation|
|Screen resolution||1280 x 1024 (Minimum) and Up to two extended monitors supported|
|Internet Security||TLS 1.2 for connected services|
|Supported Database servers (Windows)||Windows Server 2019, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2016, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2012 R2, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2012, Standard and EssentialsWindows 10Windows 8.1|
|Supported Database servers (Linux)||OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2Fedora 31, 32Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)|
|Browser||IE 11 (32-bit)|
Note: Internet access is required.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise also supports
- Symbol: CS3070
- Socket: Mobile CHQ 7CI
- Honeywell Voyager: 1602g pocket Barcode Scanner.
- Software Compatibility
Below are some of the most common software to which QuickBooks easily use them.
- Internet Explorer 11.
- Payroll & other online services and features require Internet access of a minimum 56 Kbps speed (1 Mbps recommended). Cable or DSL modem is always recommended
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, AOL.
- Adobe Reader: Business Planner, payroll, and opening and seeing form needs Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2016, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Quicken 2018, 2017, 2016, 2019 and 2020.
- Pro-Series tax years 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Lacerte 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Turbo Tax 2018 (Personal and Business ) 2019 and 2020.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V 19.0 and V18.0 and V12.0.
QuickBooks for Mac 2020
QuickBooks for MAC minimum system requirements are mentioned below:
- 2GB (Minimum)
- 4GB (Recommended)
QuickBooks Mac Software compatibility
- Exporting report data: This requires Apple Numbers v3.5, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Emailing: This requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Payment: This requires Intuit Merchant Service if you accept credit and debit cards. Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac is sold separately and subject to application approval. Debit card transactions are processed as a Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code.
- Payroll: Here are the Payroll services that will work with your QuickBooks for Mac:
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Intuit Full Service Payroll
Note: Payroll for Mac requires your EIN and an internet connection to work. Printing checks and forms also require Adobe Reader. Additional fees may apply.
- Mac apps: You can sync QuickBooks Desktop for Mac with Apple’s Calendar, Messages, and Contacts.
- File conversion: QuickBooks for Mac 2020 supports:
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2016 to 2019
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
Reading this article will let you know about all the requirements for QuickBooks Desktop. For more information, you can directly get in touch with our Certified ProAdvisors Support Team so that you can get assistance for updating your QuickBooks Desktop Software to the latest version.To know more about the services we offer, call us at our 24/7 toll-free customer support number.