There could be several reasons that can prevent you from accessing the company file and QuickBooks also triggers some specific error codes in such instances. 6000 series of errors in QuickBooks is triggered when for some reason QuickBooks starts facing difficulties accessing the company file either from the local storage or from the network or cloud. If you are also getting an error message that displays “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file”, then this article is specially penned for you. With this article, you will learn how to identify the reasons that can cause issues opening the company file in QuickBooks and how to rectify the issue using the solutions suggested by QuickBooks desktop experts. Keep reading the complete article for complete info.
If you are not much familiar with troubleshooting QuickBooks and related issues, then you can also get in touch with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts at 1.800.579.0391 for troubleshooting help and guidance
Why you must be getting issues accessing the company file in QuickBooks?
Here is a list of every reason that can interrupt QuickBooks from opening the company file:
- If some other user has already accessed the company file from a workstation that is running in single-user mode.
- If the folder that has the company file is set up with read-only access.
- Company file corruption is also a prominent reason for issues accessing the company file.
Before you try to troubleshoot the error using the solutions listed further in the article, install the latest released updates of your QuickBooks Desktop application and retry to access the company file. Sometimes updating the QuickBooks resolves the most complex errors as you get rid of bugs and glitches in the application.
Recommended to read: Quickbooks unable to send email due to network connection failure
Steps to Resolve “Unable to Open Company File” Error in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Close all QuickBooks Sessions and Run
- Close QuickBooks Desktop on every computer connected to the network.
- Now go to the server and make sure it is running in multi-user mode.
- You will also need to ensure that every other system in the network is running in single-user mode.
- Now run the QuickBooks database server manager on your system and try to access the company file now.
In case, the error persists, try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Set Proper Folder Access Permission
- Go to the system where the company file is saved.
- Navigate to the company file folder in the installation directory.
- Right-click the QuickBooks company file folder and select Properties.
- Uncheck the box that says Read-Only Access.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Try to access the company file once again.
If you are still struggling to open the company file because of the “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” error message, then dial 1.800.579.0391 and ask certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for advanced troubleshooting help and assistance.
You may read also: Easy steps to Fix QuickBooks Online Not Working
tags: QuickBooks Not Loading Company File, QuickBooks Company File in Use by another Application, QuickBooks Company File in Use Not Responding,