Encountering script in QuickBooks Desktop while trying to download the latest bank transactions directly from within the application? If yes, there is no need to worry anymore as you are on the right page to get your every query answered. You might be seeing an error message with the error prompt stating, “An error has occurred in this script on this page.” There can be several reasons behind the existence of script error that we intend to discuss through this post, alongside the solutions to rectify it.
Recommended to Read :- QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over script error in QuickBooks Desktop without breaking a sweat? If yes, feel free to contact our technical support team at the toll-free number (800)-583-0572 .
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks script error?
Generally, QuickBooks script error gets triggered when the web browser fails to connect to the bank website or load web pages because of stored cache data and files. However, there can be other reasons also, like as follows:
- The Windows Firewall Defender is not letting QuickBooks Desktop connect to the internet.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for script error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 1) Clear the cache data and files stored in Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser and then press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- On the Delete Browsing History window, checkmark the Temporary Internet files and website files checkbox.
- At last, hit the Delete button.
Solution 2) Manually configure the Windows Firewall Defender settings for QuickBooks Desktop
- On the keyboard, press Windows +R keys at the same time to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, enter “control firewall.cpl” and then click on the OK button.
- Select the Advanced Settings at the left panel.
- Look for the Inbound Rules link, right-click on it, and select the New Rule option.
- Select the Port option and then choose the Next button.
- Select the TCP option and then enter the port number in the Specific local ports: column as per the QuickBooks version year you are using.
- Choose the Next button.
- Select the Allow the Connection option and then choose the Next button.
- Make sure to checkmark all profiles as prompted and then choose the Next button.
- Make a new rule and name it “QBPorts(version year).”
- Click on the Finish button.
Now, create the outbound rules by repeating the steps mentioned above in the same manner, except you are required to right-click on Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules.
Solution 3) Add Intuit websites as trusted websites in Internet Explorer settings
- On the computer, open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Press Alt + X keys simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Tools menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Internet Options option.
- In the Security tab, choose the Trusted Sites icon.
- Click on the Sites button.
- In the Add this website to the zone space, you need to type *.intuit.com and then click on the Add button. Similarly, add *.quickbooks.com as a trusted website.
- Click on the OK button.
- In the Security tab, choose the Custom level… option.
- Look for the Miscellaneous category and then checkmark the Enable checkbox for Access data sources across domains.
- Click on the OK button.
- Select the Apply option and then hit the OK button to close down the Internet Options window.
If script error in QuickBooks Desktop persists even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there are high chances that the scripting features of Internet Explorer, like Java and ActiveX are damaged. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to repair the scripting features of Internet Explorer and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the script error from our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number (800)-583-0572.