As you all know, QuickBooks is the best application used for accounting and finance. But, many users get in trouble with QuickBooks running slow issues. The error generally arises while opening the company file and working on QuickBooks. When the problem occurs, QuickBooks start responding slow causing a delay in tasks. The large size of company data or broken QuickBooks components can also trigger this issue. Continue reading the blog to learn more facts related to the ‘QuickBooks running slow’ issue along with its causes and quick fixes.
If you are searching for an immediate solution to tackle QuickBooks running slow issue, then call us on our toll-free number 1-800-579-9430 and get assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 6190
Why is QuickBooks running slow?
- The QuickBooks desktop version you are using is no longer supported.
- Your computer doesn’t fulfil the minimum system requirements.
- QuickBooks desktop is not installed correctly.
- Some corruption in the hard drive.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or corrupted.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
Best Possible Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks running slow issue
The troubleshooting solutions below will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Repair damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Press Windows and R key to open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooksfolder.
- The Windows should be set to display hidden files and folders.
- Search for the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it.
- Choose Rename and add .old at the end of the file name.
- Try rerun QuickBooks again.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Download the latest QuickBooks update
The steps given below will help you update QuickBooks manually:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- Find the QuickBooks icon on the desktop.
- Right-click the icon and select the Run as administrator option.
- On the No Company Open screen, hover over the Help menu.
- Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, select Get Updates.
- After the update completes, restart QuickBooks.
If the solution given above didn’t work, proceed to the next one.
Solution 3. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
The tool will fix installation issues within QuickBooks. Follow these steps to run the tool:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads.
- Then, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Select the Program Problems tab.
- Click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run.
- Once it finishes, reboot your system.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned in the blog will help you fix the ‘QuickBooks running slow’ issue. If the problem continues, get in touch with certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our helpline number 1-800-579-9430.