QuickBooks error H505 is a standard threat or error encountered by users. This is an error that belongs to the H-series of errors. The error takes place in multi-user mode when you try to access a company file not found on the system. Another reason for this error to act up is when some basic configuration is missing in the QuickBooks company file. Other H series errors are H101, H202, H303, and more. In this blog, you will unveil the solutions and causes for error H505.
To know more about H series errors and how to resolve them get in touch with QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.800.579.0391.
Read Also :- QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Error Code H505
There are multiple causes associated with error H505. It’s crucial to understand these reasons, as knowing the cause can only get you to a solution. Understand all the causes carefully. Some reasons for the error are stated below:
- Hosting Mode is not enabled on the server.
- Wrong settings of DNS.
- A damaged network file can prevent you from accessing a file on the network.
- Incorrect hosting configuration can trigger error H505.
- Problems in finding the server’s IP address can cause this error to show up on your screen.
- Improper settings of firewall can obstruct QuickBooks from accessing the server.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not functioning or running in the background.
Troubleshooting Steps For QuickBooks Error Code H505
Since the causes of this error are multiple, there are a variety of solutions that you can try. The best approach is to find the cause of your error and then look for an answer. That way, you’ll save time along with finding the right solution. Some solutions are given below:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is crucial in fixing any file errors. When it comes to H series errors, this is a must-use tool. Implement the measures given below:
- Assure QuickBooks is installed on the server.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Install it on the server computer and run it.
- Navigate to the Company File Issues tab and choose QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The tool may take some time to get downloaded.
- Choose Repair Both Company File And Network after the installation is done.
- Now attempt to access the company file one more time.
If these steps don’t solve your error, go through the next set of steps given below.
Solution 2: Change Your Firewall Settings To Allow Exceptions
Apply those changes that work in favor of the application and resolve error H505 for you. The process for this method is given below:
- Click on Start and move to Control Panel.
- Click to open the Firewall Settings in the Control Panel.
- Choose Allow A Program in the Firewall Settings.
- Now in the Add Program prompt, add your QuickBooks version and save the changes.
- Restart your system to check the status of error H505.
This blog should make it easier for you to resolve QuickBooks error H505. With all the causes and solutions that you’ve seen, it gives you a pretty great grasp of what this error is about. Try all the measures given with great precision.
To know more about QuickBooks errors, get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.800.579.0391.