QuickBooks Error Code 6010 is one of the most standard errors faced by QuickBooks users. This error hampers your ability to access or open the company file. There are a few reasons responsible for this error, and this error usually occurs with an error message on the screen. The error indicates or points towards numerous factors, which you’ll see in this blog. This blog will uncover the solutions and causes associated with this error.
If you have any problem in resolving this error, get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844.932.1139.
Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010
A host of reasons are responsible for this error. It’s essential to know the reasons as only then you’ll resolve error 6010. Recognizing the cause will only save your time. Understand the cause of your error from the reasons given below:
- Using the NOD32 antivirus program with the Internet Monitor and with the same PC Framework can lead to this error.
- Any damage or corruption to the company file.
- .ND file is detached from the documents that finish with .QBW and .TLG.
Now that you understand some of the reasons for this error, it’s better you go through some of the methods for the error that are given below.
Solutions For Error Code 6010 In QuickBooks
Some solutions are possible for this error as the causes are multiple. All solutions aim to fix the causes. It’s best to know the cause of your error and then look for an answer from down below:
Solution 1: Change To Single-User Mode
Switching to single-user mode can help in resolving this error. Implement the measures given below to fix error 6010:
- Log in as admin on the server computer.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Choose the Users tab and Show Processes.
- Select every QuickBooks process and choose End Task.
- Open the company file in single-user mode.
If these steps don’t help you, go through the next set of steps given below.
Solution 2: Rename The .ND Files
Renaming the .ND file can be of great benefit in resolving the error. Any damage or corruption to the network file can get fixed with these few steps:
- Find the file that ends with .ND extensions.
- Check the files that are facing errors.
- Right-click on the file. Now, click on Rename option.
- When renaming it, append .OLD at the end of the file.
- Open QuickBooks and see if the error persists.
The blog reveals the solutions and causes associated with QuickBooks Error Code 6010. Follow all the measures carefully. You can also reinstall QuickBooks to get your head out of this error, though it’s best suggested to know the reason for your error and then look for a solution.
To learn more about the support for this error, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844.932.1139.