If you received QuickBooks error 6190 83 while accessing the company file, it indicates there are some network issues, or the same file is open on another computer in a single user mode. With the encounter of this company file, you will get an error message saying, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.” There are several other causes behind the error, such as outdated QuickBooks desktop and damaged data files. Go through the entire blog carefully to know what leads to the error and how to fix it.
Do you require immediate troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks error 6190 83? Then call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with certified QuickBooks professionals
Top reasons causing QuickBooks File error 6190 83
Let’s have a look at the major causes listed below that triggers the error:
- Minor corruption in the QuickBooks configuration file.
- The company file user is trying to access is kept on an external storage device.
- The same company file is in use on another PC in single-user mode.
Now, implement the solutions given below to resolve the error permanently.
You may read also : QuickBooks script error
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks Desktop error 6190 83
Method 1. Download and Install the newly released QuickBooks update
- Close all open company files before you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Tap the Windows icon key on your keyboard, go through the list of Programs, and right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Click the Run as administrator option and wait till you are directed to the No Company Open screen.
- Select the Help menu, click the Update QuickBooks Desktop and then select the Options tab.
- Click the Mark All button and then Update Now. Mark the Reset Update checkbox, and then click Get Updates.
- After downloading the update, open QuickBooks Desktop and click Yes to install the update.
- When the QuickBooks installation completes, restart your workstation.
You may read also : QuickBooks outlook email not working
Method 2. Give a new name to the damaged QuickBooks configuration file
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop, open File Explorer, and then the folder where QuickBooks company files are kept.
- Within the QuickBooks folder, find the company files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Right-click the configuration files, select the Rename option, and change the file names by adding the word .OLD after the extension.
- Press the Enter key to save the new name, start QuickBooks, and open your company file.
Method 3. From QuickBooks Tool Hub, make use of Quick Fix my File
- You need to quit QuickBooks Desktop so you can download and use QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file, install the tool hub and then open it.
- From the tool hub, choose Company File Issues and click Quick Fix my File.
- When the repair completes, restart your system, and start QuickBooks.
Now, we are concluding our blog on QuickBooks error 6190 83. We are full of hope that the solutions discussed above will surely help you eliminate the issue. In case the problem continues, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks File Doctor