QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is quite a bothersome error for many QB users. This error acts up when you set up your network incorrectly. The error can show up when you try to open or access the company file. There are some steps that you can endeavor to resolve this error. By renaming some crucial network files, you can resolve this error. Doing this re-creates those corrupted files. This blog will go through the solutions step-by-step. You’ll also see some causes.
Recommend for Read :- QuickBooks error 6123
To get more information regarding this error, you can always contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844-888-4666.
Causes Of Error Code 6144 82
There are a lot of reasons responsible for this error. Hence, it’s best to understand the reasons for this error. Not knowing the causes of an error can make it harder for you to find an effective solution. Some of the reasons are stated below:
- Damage to the QuickBooks installation files like .ND and .TLG.
- If the company file name exceeds the maximum character limit.
- The company file got moved to a different location.
- Connectivity issues and general file corruption can also trigger this error.
Now that you are sound of the causes, it’s practically possible for you to understand some solutions which are discussed in the next section.
Troubleshooting Methods For QB Error Code 6144 82
There are some options available to fix this error. Those solutions are easy to implement and should quickly resolve your error. However, it’s best that you understand the cause of your error and then implement any of the solutions.
Method 1: Rename Company File
It’s better to rename the company file if it exceeds 65 characters. Also, the company file should not contain any special characters. These are some specific guidelines you must know. Follow the measures given below:
- Move to the QuickBooks Company folder.
- Right-click on the company file with .QBW extension and choose Rename.
- Do the necessary changes and open the company file one more time.
If you still get this error, try the following method given below.
Method 2: Move The Company File Back To The Original Folder
QuickBooks Database Server Manager scans the company file and links it with QuickBooks. This process also makes sure of saving the company file path. However, if the company file is moved, this can give rise to this error. To fix the situation, follow the measures numbered below:
- Open QuickBooks Product Information
- Note the company file location that is under the File Information.
- Move to the company file folder location and verify if you can find the company file there.
- Windows will display every file having .QBW extension. You can also search for the company file in the Windows search field.
- Copy the company file that you want to open. Paste it into the company file folder.
- Access the company file to check if the error got resolved.
This blog covers the solutions and causes for QuickBooks error 6144 82. You can also rename the .ND and .TLG files in QuickBooks Installation Folder to resolve this error. Try all the measures with great care. To know more regarding this error, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844-888-4666.