There can be a multitude of errors that can arise in QuickBooks, be it an installation error or an update glitch. In this blog we will discuss another category of issue which is the QuickBooks Error 6144 82, which is provoked by an incorrect network configuration. There is one more significant cause to it – a situation where two different users are trying to access the company data file. Unfortunately, many users have faced discomfort as this error leads to disrupted and slowed working of the application, apart from the primary concern of everyone losing access to their company file. Follow the blog below to get a better view of the matter.
Why handle QuickBooks Error 6144 82 on your own, when you can have a professional by your side to guide you? Dial 1-855-856-0042 and connect with team straight away.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 1603
What Triggers QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
- Inadequate permission access to the user.
- If the system gets infected by virus or malware, it can encounter this error.
- A discontinued installation of QuickBooks updates.
- When third-party programs remove QB files from the device unintentionally.
- When the company file gets corrupted or damaged, it may give rise to error 6144 82.
What are the Ways to Deal with QuickBooks Error Message 6144 82?
We have now come down to the primary section of the blog, which is the methods to troubleshoot error 6144 82 in QuickBooks –
Solution 1 – Add an Extension to the Names of the Component Files
Renaming the component files allows QuickBooks to update and create new files, as the older ones become void –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your computer and press the F2 button on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Search for the location of the company file and copy it.
- Click on the Windows icon and paste the location in the search panel.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will be directed to the folder where the QB files are stored.
- Look for the Network Data (.ND) and Transaction Log (.TLG) files, these files will have your company files name.
- Right-click on them and select Rename.
- Now, add .OLD to the file’s names (.ND.OLD and .TLG.OLD).
- Access QuickBooks to verify if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2 – Turn off the Windows Firewall Feature
- Press the Start button.
- In the search field, type Control Panel and double-click on the Control Panel tab.
- In the following screen, choose the System and Security option.
- Tap on Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the menu left-side, click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.”
- Now, you must disable the Firewall by selecting the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended).”
- Hit the OK button to confirm the action.
We hope that when you followed the steps mentioned above, you were able to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6144 82 from your computer for good. However, if everything fails and the error does not go away, you must get your QuickBooks Pro Advisor checked by a certified expert. Call 1-855-856-0042 to connect with one.
You may also read | QuickBooks has stopped working