QuickBooks is a cloud-based accounting software that operates heavily on the internet and requires a strong connection with the server to keep the tools up and running. However, you might come across a situation where an error message, “QuickBooks Error 6123” may come up. This issue arises primarily while opening, upgrading, or restoring the company file. Continue reading our blog below to find out some great hacks that will eliminate this error from your application and device permanently.
Tired of facing QuickBooks Error 6123? Contact our certified pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042 to receive excellent service and prompt help.
You may also read | QuickBooks error 6000 832
What Factors Results in QuickBooks Error 6123?
- A damaged company file is the primary cause of this error.
- Restoring a company file backup from an online service can also result in 6123.
- Using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application.
- A blockage posed by the system anti-virus or firewall.
- Poor internet connection.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6123?
Method 1 – Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to Fix the Company File Issue
The File Doctor Tools has proven to resolve minor technical glitches that occur in QuickBooks application –
- Close all QuickBooks files and windows.
- Visit Intuit’s official website to download the latest available version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click on the download file to begin the installation process.
- Once this is complete, tap twice on the Tool Hub icon.
- Press the Company File Issues tab and choose to Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Locate and select your company file.
- Tap on the Check your File button.
- Hit Continue.
- Use your QuickBooks credentials to authorize this action.
- Hit the Continue button again.
- Allow the File Doctor to diagnose and repair the issues with your company file.
- Once this is over, choose your company. Open QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2 – Create a Portable Company File Backup
- Open QuickBooks on the device where the backup was created initially and access your company file.
- Press the File tab.
- Choose the Create Copy option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Portable Company File.
- Click on the Next button.
- Save this file at an easy-to-access location with a name different from the original.
- Hit the Save button.
- Tap on OK.
- You may save the file digitally online or on a flash drive.
- Next, insert the flash drive into any of your computers and download it.
- Open QuickBooks and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Finally, press “Restore a portable file” and follow the on-screen wizard to complete the process.
We shall now conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 6123, hoping that it was able to resolve your issues without much hassle, along with providing you with all the relevant details. But, if the problem persists, we recommend you get in touch with our professional support team at 1-855-856-0042 and get the best-in-market advice, right over a call.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks error 6189 816