Doing changes in QuickBooks is a dynamic task that can sometimes lead to errors or issues. QuickBooks Error 1904 is an error that can occur when you install QuickBooks for the first time. You can also view this error when you switch from pro to premier in QuickBooks. Most likely, a damaged Visual C++ file leads to error 1904 during installation in QuickBooks. This blog will help you understand this error extensively so that you can fix this error independently.
If you still require professional assistance, better call the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons Of QuickBooks DLL Error
As said above, most likely, you are to encounter this error when you have damaged Microsoft components. You can have variations of the error message depending on the component missing or damaged. Some of the other reasons are discussed below:
- You don’t have the required permission to install the application on Windows.
- Upgrading QuickBooks can trigger this error.
- Windows security application is blocking QuickBooks leading to this error.
- Installing a new Windows operating system can cause this error.
Now that you’ve understood the reasons, it’s better for you to understand the solutions discussed in the next section.
Read Also – Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
Procedures To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1904
Your solution should aim to fix the reason for the error. Implementing various solutions won’t help and can even lead to further damage. Therefore, before trying these solutions, make sure to know the reason for your error. Go through the measures performed below.
Procedure 1: Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
You can reinstall Adobe Flash Player to fix this error with ease. Execute the steps performed below:
- Open the Run window.
- Now, type Control Panel in the Run window and hit Enter.
- Click on Uninstall A Program and double click on the Adobe Flash Player from the list of applications.
- After this, click on Uninstall and follow the instructions.
- Download and install Adobe Flash Player.
- Once the installation is done, restart your work system and reinstall QuickBooks one more time.
If these measures don’t resolve your error, go to the next set of steps given below.
Procedure 2: Set The Right Folder Permissions
Choosing the right folder permissions can immediately fix this error. Now, understand the steps stated below:
- Open Windows File Explorer and move to the Common Files folder in C drive.
- Right-click on that folder and click on Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Edit.
- Click on Users in Group Or Usernames.
- Now, allow Modify, List Folder Contents, Write, Read, and Read And Execute options in the Permission For Users option.
- Click on Apply and finally OK.
QuickBooks Error 1904 can get effectively fixed with the measures that are described in this blog. Make sure to execute the right steps with precision. Doing so will shorten your error resolution time.
If you want to be sure of fixing this error, it’s best to get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.