If you received QuickBooks error 1603 while opening and opening QuickBooks after installation, it indicates some installation files are damaged or corrupted. The error comes up on the screen with messages displaying, “There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework” or “The update installer has encountered an internal error.” Outdated Windows and damaged Windows components are the main causes behind the error. Continue reading the blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks error 1603, its causes and solutions.
If you are struggling to resolve QuickBooks error 1603, then ring our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: QuickBooks Running Slow
What leads to QuickBooks error 1603?
The error comes up due to the following reasons:
- Windows components are damaged.
- QuickBooks desktop application you are using is outdated.
- Corrupted installation of QuickBooks.
Now, choose the most appropriate solution to fix the error.
Most Preferred Solutions for QuickBooks error 1603
The troubleshooting solutions given below will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Install Microsoft .NET Framework again
- Open the run command and type ‘appwiz.cpl.’
- Select Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Search Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and click on Uninstall.
- After uninstall completes, restart your computer.
- Now, write ‘appwiz.cpl’ within the Run box, and move to Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Click Add/remove programs.
- Choose .NET Framework in the Windows Feature and locate Microsoft .NET 3.5.
- Select both options.
- Click OK and install the MS .NET Framework 3.5.
- Click Finish.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode
The steps given below will help you clean install QuickBooks in Selective Startup:
- Switch to Selective startup mode:
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Within the run window, type ‘msconfig’ and hit Enter.
- Click on the General tab.
- Choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- Go to the Services tab, and mark the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Click Disable all.
- Now, unmark the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Select the Windows Installer checkbox from the list of services.
- Click OK and then Restart.
- Clean install QuickBooks.
- Now, switch to Normal mode:
- Again, open the Run command.
- Write ‘msconfig’ and click OK.
- Click on the General tab and choose Normal startup.
- Click Restart on the System Configuration window.
This brings us to the end of this blog. We hope you find it helpful and informative. If the QuickBooks error 1603 continues or you face any trouble performing the steps, then get in touch with certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430).