QuickBooks, popular for its adaptability and efficiency, is the world’s leading accounting and financing software used by hundreds and thousands of businesses to take care of their daily business transactions. Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks comes with numerous features and tools that help users invoicing customers, paying bills, generating financial reports, filing taxes, payroll, and many more. However, despite being so advanced and impeccably designed, QuickBooks is vulnerable to errors and bugs, like the other accounting applications. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 15222, which falls under the category of the 15XXX series and generally takes place when a user tries to get the latest updates of the payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop. There can be numerous reasons causing such an update error, along with the solutions ahead in this post.
Are you seeking instant troubleshooting guidance to get the QuickBooks error 15222 fixed? If yes, feel free to contact our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.
What can be the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 15222?
QuickBooks error code 15222 usually arises when Internet Explorer is not set to be the default web browser of the system by the user. Even though there can be other reasons as well, like the ones we have mentioned below:
- The Internet Explorer function has been failing to register digital signatures of QuickBooks Desktop.
What needs to be done to rectify QuickBooks error 15222?
Solution 1) Make Internet Explorer the default web browser of the system
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Type “Internet Explorer” into the search bar and open Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools menu (denoted by the Gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen).
- Choose Internet Options from the drop-down list of options.
- Click on the Programs tab and then choose the Make Default button under the Default Web Browser section.
- At last, click on the OK button.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error H202
Solution 2) Manually install a QuickBooks digital signature certificate
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys altogether to open File Explorer.
- Open the QuickBooks folder by navigating to the following path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- In the folder, look for the file named QBW32.exe and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option.
- In the Digital Signature tab, select Intuit from the list of signatures.
- Select the Details button.
- On the Digital Signature Details window, select the View Certificate button.
- On the Certificate window, select the Install Certificate button.
- Select the Next button until the Finish button shows up.
- Select the Finish button.
- Reboot the computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to download payroll updates.
If you are unable to get rid of QuickBooks Error 15222 even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, then there are high chances that the security settings of Internet Explorer are faulty due to which QuickBooks is failing to connect to the update server. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to configure the Internet Explorer security settings for QuickBooks Desktop and check if this fixes the error or not. For further troubleshooting assistance rectifying the payroll update error, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.