Whenever you install or update QuickBooks, new files get created, and old files get updated in the QuickBooks installation directory. When QuickBooks experiences an issue writing on the previous files or creating new ones during the installation or update, the process terminates, and you get error code 1310. This error can trigger two different error messages on your screen that read “Error “1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Msi…” or “Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll.” If you are also facing a similar situation where installing or updating QuickBooks, you are getting QuickBooks error 1310, keep reading this article for complete troubleshooting info.
Several users look for support when an error like 1310 strikes. If you are also one of them, dial +1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with the QuickBooks Desktop support team now
You may also read : QuickBooks Error 15271
Reasons that Trigger Error 1310 in QuickBooks
There could be several reasons to trigger error code 1310 in QuickBooks while installing or updating it. Below, we have listed the most common one that you can resolve on your own.
- If you are experiencing the error while updating the QuickBooks Desktop, this could be because of the installation errors in the application.
- Issues in the Microsoft Installer that helps install QuickBooks and other programs on your operating system can also result in QuickBooks Desktop error 1310.
- If User Account Control settings are not properly configured, then also you can face issues installing QuickBooks in the form of error code 1310.
You might have a better idea now of what needs to be done to resolve the error. So with the next section of this article, we will resolve all the issues mentioned above with some straightforward solutions.
Related article : QuickBooks Error 6177
Simple Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 1310
Solution 1: Fix QB Installation Errors using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub that you will need to fix installation issues in QuickBooks.
- Run Tool Hub, go to the Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- This will get you the tool up on the screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the installation issues in your
- QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Once the program is repaired, check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Fix Issues with Microsoft Installer
- Click the Windows Start button and type msiexec /unreg in the search field.
- Press the Enter key and reopen the Windows Start menu.
- Now enter the msiexec /regserver command in the search field and press Enter.
- Retry to install or update QuickBooks and check if this resolves the error.
Solution 3: Re-configure Windows UAC Settings
- Go to the Control Panel and search User Account Control from the search bar.
- Select UAC and move the slider to the Never Notify section.
- Once the settings are saved, close Control Panel and check if you can install or update QuickBooks Desktop now.
If you are still not able to install or update QuickBooks, there must be some severe damage in the Windows operating system that will need complex troubleshooting to get fixed. Dial +1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for advanced troubleshooting help and guidance in resolving QuickBooks error 1310.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks error 6000 301