QuickBooks allows you to access any company file open on another workstation using the database server manager. You would not be able to open a company file in multi-user mode if QuickBooks Database Server Manager network diagnostics failed. QuickBooks Database server manager error can get triggered due to several reasons. You need to figure out the cause of the database server manager error to find the most effective solution to fix it. The information provided below in this article explains the causes and the solutions to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error. Read the complete article to know more.
If you require technical assistance with the troubleshooting, dial 844-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Professional.
You may also Read: QuickBooks Error 1328
Causes of QuickBooks Database Server Manager network diagnostic failure
The error can get triggered due to more than one reason. You need to identify the cause to figure out the most effective solution. The most common causes of the error are listed below:
1. Windows firewall interrupting the connection between QuickBooks and server.
2. Outdated QuickBooks Database server manager.
After you have figured out the cause of the error, finding the most appropriate solution will be easy. You can randomly apply any solution if you are not sure about the cause of the error.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error
Implement the solution relevant to the cause of the error on your computer. The troubleshooting methods to fix the QuickBooks errors are listed below:
1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The error can get triggered due to the firewall interrupting the connection between QuickBooks and the server. You need to run file doctor to fix the error. The steps to run file doctor is provided below:
Note: make sure you have downloaded and installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run QuickBooks File Doctor.
• You need to open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
• Then, select the Company File Issues tab from the left pane.
• Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
• Choose the company file from the drop-box or click Browse and search if you can’t find your file in the drop-box.
• After that, click Check your file and then select Continue.
• Finally, type your QuickBooks credentials and click the Next button.
2. Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Outdated QuickBooks Database server manager is the most common cause of the error. You need to update the database server manager to resolve the error. Follow the instructions given below to update the QuickBooks Database server manager:
• Open the Windows Start menu and type QuickBooks in the search box.
• Choose QuickBooks Database server manager from the list of options.
• Select Updates in QuickBooks database server manager.
• Then go through the instructions to complete the installation of updates.
• Finally, restart the computer once the update is complete.
This article describes the causes and solutions to QuickBooks Database server manager error. The solutions explained above include updating the QuickBooks Database server manager and running QuickBooks File Doctor. If your QuickBooks Database Server Manager network diagnostics failed, and you are unable to fix the error by yourself, dial 844-932-1139 and get help with the troubleshooting from a QuickBooks Expert.
Related Search Queries : Error Network Diagnostics Failed Opening Company File, QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error, QuickBooks Database Server Manager Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks, QuickBooks Multi-User Error Network Diagnostics Failed, QuickBooks Multi-User H202 Connection Error, QuickBooks Network Diagnostics Failed Resolve Errors and Retry, Windows Firewall Disabled Exceptions not defined, Windows Firewall Disabled Exceptions Not Defined QuickBooks, Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks