QuickBooks is a reputed accounting software that assists the needs of small business owners. It also comes in with numerous features like – reconciling statements, sending reports and operating with PDFs. However, there can be situations where the application might incur an internal issue due to which “QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF.” The case comes up mainly when a user attempts to send over an invoice. Since PDFs are vital components of running files, it is important that we resolve this issue right away to prevent any further problems. Read the blog till the end to find out more.
Suffering from the error message “QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF?” We got you. Speak with our experts at 1-855-856-0042 to resolve this right away.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6175
Causes behind QuickBooks PDF Generation Error –
- The PDF Converter tool is offline.
- The device is facing connectivity issues with the printer.
- If a PDF file component goes missing, this error comes up.
- If the device is not ready to action the activity, it can start malfunctioning due to the sudden load and result in this error.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks PDF Generation Message –
After looking at the origins of this error, we shall now understand the methods that will help you erase the issue permanently –
Option 1 – Try to Re-install the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Press the Start button.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Control Panel tab in the given list of programs.
- In the following window, tap on Devices and Printers.
- Choose the Microsoft XPS Document Writer option.
- Click on Remove Device.
- Hit the Yes button.
- Next, click on Add a Printer. Later, add a local printer or network print with manual settings.
- Go to the “Use an existing port” section and choose the PORTPROMPT: (Local Port) option.
- Hit the Next button.
- Navigate to the Manufacturer List, and click on Microsoft.
- Press Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4.
- Hit the Next button.
- After this, you must tap on the “Replace the current driver” option.
- Click on Next.
- Finally, move to the Printer Name field; it should be Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Press the Finish button.
Option 2 – Turn On the XPS Services
- Hold the Windows key + E on your keyboard to open the File Explorer screen.
- Click on the Computer tab on the left-hand side.
- Navigate to the System group section.
- Here, you must tap on Uninstall or Change a Program.
- Click on the “Turn Windows Features on or off” option.
- Check if the XPS Services and XPS Viewer are enabled on the device.
i.If both of these are not turned on, you need to do so and then click OK.
ii.If they are enabled, and the error exists, you must try re-installing the XPS printer.
It is time, to sum up our blog on the issue when “QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF.” We are now well aware of the factors that provoke the same and the troubleshooting it requires. For any further help or assistance, feel free to contact our tech expert team at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 6073 99001