Meaning of the digits: Front card
The meaning of the digits on the front of the card are as follows:
- The first six digits tell you the type of card you have (for example, visa or Mastercard), the issuer type (bank or store) and the geographical area where the card was issued.
- The rest of the digits will identify you as the cardholder and the order of these is generated by the issuing entity.
- The last number in this sequence is the control number and is intended to prevent the money from being used for fraud, which is why it is calculated with an algorithm.
In addition to this sequence, you will find the following information on the face of the card:
- Expiration date in month / year format
- Cardholder Name
- Name of the issuing entity
- Provider’s logo, which can be Visa, Mastercard, American Express, among others.
Meaning of the digits: Reverse card
On the back of the card you can find the CVV or Security Code that corresponds to three digits assigned to protect your card, this number is requested when you are going to make virtual purchases and its use is confidential. (Normally there are 3 or 4 numbers that make up the CVV).
We hope this information has been of great help and you can find out what the card number is.