QuickBooks is one of the most prevalent online book-keeping accounting software used to store monetary exchanges and financial records of large to small-scale businesses. To work efficiently, QuickBooks, just like any other online application requires an MS MSXML, .NET, or C++ component. Any issue with these components might lead to errors such as QuickBooks error 1402. The error message claims “Error 1402: unable to open the key” on the screen. After this, QuickBooks Installation terminates suddenly.
If you are facing a similar kind of issue on your QuickBooks desktop, then dig into this blog till the end to understand it in detail. If you have any additional questions, you can contact our support team for instant results.
Recognizing Error 1402 in QuickBooks
If you are confused about Error 1402, then look for these features on your desktop to confirm its presence:
- QuickBooks desktop software starts to lag and becomes sluggish.
- The performance of the desktop degrades.
- Mouse clicks and button presses get no response from the desktop.
- Even after multiple attempts, the company file doesn’t open.
- Other applications on the desktop might as well start to slow down, indicating an overall degradation of the system’s performance.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12152
Factors Triggering 1402 Error in the QuickBooks Desktop
There can be several explanations for the occurrence of error 1402 such as:
- Outdated Windows operating system: Out-to-date versions of the Windows Operating system may lead to unexpected errors in QuickBooks and other online applications.
- Missing Windows components: Important windows components like the .NET framework and MSXML which are required for running online applications on Windows go missing then QuickBooks error 1402 arises.
- Missing installation files: If necessary installation files of the QuickBooks go missing then errors might crop up.
- Insufficient access: While installing any new application on the Windows operating system, the system makes changes in the Windows Registry for the proper functioning of the application. If Windows and the application don’t have sufficient permissions to modify the settings, might lead to inaccessibility to the application, hence creating errors.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error H303
Methods to Fix the Error in QuickBooks Desktop Software
Try out these methods on the QuickBooks Desktop Software to fix the error:
1. Use QuickBooks to Install Diagnostic Tools
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub with the correct procedure and launch the application.
- Further, open the Tool Hub application and choose QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool. This application can automatically repair and fix the errors arising in the QuickBooks application in a maximum of 30 minutes or less.
- After the scan and repair are done, close the Tool Hub application and open the QuickBooks application to check if the error is gone.
2. Start QuickBooks in Selective Start-up Mode
- Restart the Windows and continuously press on F8 to reach the Advanced Boot windows. Select the Safe Mode from the Advanced Boot Options and restart the Windows by logging in with the admin account.
- Now open the QuickBooks desktop file to check if the error still persists.
3. Run reboot.bat
- Open the C-drive and go to QuickBooks Installation File. Find the reboot option and double-click on the reboot.bat option.
- Wait for Windows to complete the registry and reboot the application. Then reopen the QuickBooks application again.
QuickBooks Error 1402 can lead to unexpected major issues in the future; therefore, we recommend our users fix it immediately by following the methods explained above. Hopefully, this blog would have helped you understand this error in detail and fix the problem. In case of inquiries, dial 1.855.738.2784 to reach for support.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error UEXP