Whenever you install an application’s updates, the files in the installation directory are actually what gets updated. Sometimes when the files that need to be updated are used by some other application or the program itself, the update process fails. This exactly happens when you encounter QuickBooks error 15276. This is a common error in QuickBooks that triggers an error message that reads, “Error 15276: The payroll update did not complete successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.” You can get this error while trying to QuickBooks Desktop or payroll updates. We have listed every reason that triggers the error and solutions to resolve it further in this article to overcome the issue.
If you are running out of time and need an immediate fix to error 15276 in QuickBooks, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Connection has been Lost
Here’s a List of Reasons that can Trigger QuickBooks Update Error 15276
There are not several reasons that can trigger the error, but the few that do are mentioned below.
- If another program uses the QuickBooks program file, that needs to be updated.
- General QuickBooks Desktop errors can trigger the same error and can quickly be resolved by running the Quick Fix my Program tool.
- If there are issues in the installation of QuickBooks Desktop like a partially installed QuickBooks, then also you can get error 15276 while updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll in it.
In the next section of this article, we will show you how you can free up the QuickBooks program file when updating QuickBooks and repair issues in the installation to resolve the error in no time.
Quick Solutions to Eliminate Error Code 15276 from QuickBooks
Before troubleshooting the error, you must close every program running on the system. If other programs are running in the background, you can identify and exit them from the task manager.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program Tool to Fix QuickBooks Program Errors
- To run the Quick Fix my Tool program, you will need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your system that you can download online.
- If you are facing difficulties finding the Tool Hub download link, click the Help tab in QuickBooks and select QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded, go to the place where you have saved the downloaded Tool Hub setup file and double-click it to begin the installation.
- Follow the installation prompts presented by the application installer and finish the installation process.
- Now run Tool Hub using the shortcut icon on the desktop and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program tool and let it run to identify and repair the issues in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 2: Clean Install QuickBooks after Switching your Windows to Selective Startup Mode
- Press Windows + R, type MSConfig, and press Enter.
- Checkmark the Selective Startup option and click Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows and run Tool Hub.
- Select QuickBooks Clean Install Tool under the Installation Issues tab.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to clean install QuickBooks.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error PS036