QuickBooks Error 15102 is a payroll update error. The error occurs when you try to download or install the newest payroll updates. QuickBooks notifies you of the steps you should take while updating QuickBooks and its features. Not following those steps or procedures can result in this error. Hence, mostly this error is a direct result of your carelessness. No worries, and read this blog to get this error fixed as quickly as possible.
You can also ring the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you need immediate assistance or support.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 15102
This error can be frustrating and complicated to resolve as the reasons for this error are multiple. You should know the reason for your error if you wish to resolve this error quickly. Go through the measures given below:
- An incorrect download path or no download location available can trigger this error.
- You are running QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- You are not signed in with an admin account.
With the causes discussed, you can go to the following section that’ll discuss the solutions for this error.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 9999
Procedures That Can Help You Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102
Make sure to implement the measures stated in this section with precision. Also, follow the steps that can resolve the reason for your error. You might have to undertake more than one method. Go through the measures discussed below.
Procedure 1: Use Single-User Mode
You can enable single-user mode in QuickBooks to fix this error efficiently. Follow the measures given below:
- Log out of all the users in the network if you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Open QuickBooks on a workstation that is experiencing problems.
- Now, click on the Switch To Single User in the File menu.
- Update QuickBooks Payroll one more time.
Move to the next set of steps if you haven’t found your solution yet.
Procedure 2: Login As An Administrator
Log in as an administrator on Windows to resolve this error effectively. Go through the measures discussed below:
- Click on the Start button and choose the Switch User option.
- Select an account that has administrative rights.
- Log in with your admin account.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Run As Administrator.
- Now, run payroll updates one more time.
- After this, simply check if you are still receiving update error 15102.
QuickBooks Error 15102 can be fixed with the measures stated in this blog. Certainly, you can try a different set of steps to resolve this error if that resolves the cause of your error. No doubt, the importance of the cause of the error can’t be undermined. Lastly, make sure to follow all the measures stated in this blog with precision. With this out of the way, you can fix this error on your own, provided you keep these specific points in mind.
You can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you require additional help or technical support.