You may come across a situation in QuickBooks where you may have to transfer QuickBooks to a new computer. The process to transfer QuickBooks to a new system is not complex, provided you understand the measures to be executed. This blog will cover the essential steps you should execute to complete the process of transferring QuickBooks to another system. Hence, make sure to read this blog vigilantly.
You can also ring the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you need technical support or help.
Requirements To Move QuickBooks On New Computer Without Disk
You should know specific requirements to move QuickBooks to a new system. Knowing these will make the actual process easier for you. Now, go through some of the points that are explained below:
- Make sure to remove QuickBooks from the former system.
- Always take a backup of the company file.
- Make sure the system on which you wish to transfer QuickBooks is connected to the internet. You will need the product registration after installation.
- It’s better to have a QuickBooks desktop installation disk or the setup file on an external device.
With these points known, you can move to the next section that covers the actual steps for transferring QuickBooks to another computer.
Read Also – QBDBMgrn Not Running On This Computer
How To Move QuickBooks To A Different Computer?[Here Are The Steps]
You’ll have to perform specific steps on the old computer and some on the new. Execute the steps carefully and for the right system. For an effective transfer, it’s important you take the right steps. Now, go through the steps given below:
- On the old system, sign in as an administrator.
- Insert the USB drive into the system.
- Open QuickBooks and in the File tab, click on Move QuickBooks To Another Computer.
- Now, click on I’m Ready and select a strong password.
- Choose the USB drive to copy all the files to move to the other computer.
- Wait for the file copy process to be completed. After this, safely eject the USB drive from the computer.
- On the new computer, insert the USB drive and wait until the QuickBooks Migrator tool appears. Click on the Move_QuickBooks.bat file from the USB drive if the tool doesn’t appear.
- Now, enter the password which you set up while transferring the files.
- Click on Let’s Go and wait for the tool to finish the QuickBooks migration task.
- This should take some time if your computer performance is low.
- When the installation is done, open QuickBooks and in the Help tab, click on Register QuickBooks.
- You can enter all the necessary information.
- Now, after moving QuickBooks to another computer, make sure to sign in to each service separately.
- Suppose you are using more than one company file, then use external storage to copy the company files.
- Finally, create a backup of the company file on the new system.
To transfer QuickBooks to a new computer, make sure to follow all the measures stated in this blog. Executing them step-by-step and carefully can help you achieve this process quickly.
If you have any doubts or queries, better contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.