QuickBooks is a prominent software that has captured a significant share of market only on the basis of its high-tech features and abilities. Despite all of this, the user might face difficulties while accessing the application and result in a scenario where QuickBooks Won’t Open. Running multiple programs simultaneously, not updating QB regularly, issues with the company file; these are some of the reasons behind this issue. Many users have reported some common symptoms like – a blank QB screen, company data file not responding and a sudden shutdown of the system. If you want to know more about this, carefully go through our blog below.
Tried all the possible tricks but still QuickBooks Won’t Open? Try discussing with our pro-advisors and figure the best possible way to get ahead of the problem. Dial 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks has Stopped Working
Primary Reasons why your QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open
There can n number of reasons as to why QB is not opening, these are some of the common causes behind it –
- The QB product registration file (QBWUSER.INI) has encountered glitches.
- When QB is not compatible with the Windows operating system you are currently using.
- If there was an interference while installing QB updates.
What to do when QuickBooks Doesn’t Start?
If you are unable to open QuickBooks Desktop, try these hacks as they will help you remove all the bugs inside the application –
Method 1 – Erase the QBWUSER.INI file from the device and Register QuickBooks again
- Click on the Start button, type File Explorer and select the File Explorer tab.
- Navigate to Drive C: and open the Users folder.
- Double tap on the folder with your username and go to AppData.
- Here you will see a Local Directory, tap on the Intuit folder and then choose QuickBooks (year).
- Search for the QBWUSER.INI file, click right and select the Delete option.
- Access QuickBooks on your desktop, hit the Help tab and tap on Activate QuickBooks.
- Select the Begin Activation option, type in the validation code and hit Next.
- Finally restart your computer, hit Next and reopen QuickBooks.
Method 2 – Execute a Windows Repair on QuickBooks Desktop
- Create a company file backup to ensure no data is lost amidst the troubleshooting process.
- Hold the Windows key + R together to open the Run prompt on your device.
- In the search space, type Control Panel and hit the OK button.
- When taken to a different screen, tap on Programs and Features and click on the Uninstall a Program tab.
- A list of programs will appear on the screen, choose QuickBooks and hit the Uninstall/ Change button.
- A dialog box will ask if you want to Remove the program or Repair it. Select Repair.
- Allow the program to run a repairing process.
- Once done, close the window and reboot your computer.
If the instructions mentioned above are followed religiously, you can get rid of the situation where your QuickBooks Won’t Open. We hope our blog provided you with all the necessary details to understand the issue better. Contact our QuickBooks Pro Advisor certified tech experts at 1-855-856-0042 for more details or additional support anytime.
You may also read | QuickBooks multi-user mode not working