Want to learn the steps to rebuild and verify data files in QuickBooks desktop? If yes, then make sure to read this post carefully till the end. Or you can also contact our team professionals right away. Verify and rebuild data file in QuickBooks are the two most popular features of QuickBooks. These tools can be used when there is some issue that appears when using the software and also at the time of any type of discrepancies discovered on reports such as the costs or invoices. There might be data issues within a company file.
The verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop tool self-identified and consider the common data issues in a company file whereas the rebuild data tool is used for fixing the data integrity issues found by the verify data tool. Read ahead to get a better assistance.
Steps to verify and rebuild data file in QuickBooks
- The very first step is to select window and then choose close all
- The next step is to verify the data
- Also, select the file and the utilities tab respecitively
- After that, choose verify data
- The next step is to rebuild data
- Where, the user needs to select the file and utilities tab and also the rebuild data option
- After that the user will get a warning message asking to take backup of the company file
- The user should now click on ok tab
- The user should later on select the location where he/she wishes to save the backup file
- And also select ok tab
- After the backup is finished, the rebuild data utility will start
- The user will see rebuild complete message, where he/she is supposed to click on ok tab
- In case the process of verification finds further damage, then it should be fixed manually
- Look for the error and find the solution
- If no error is found, then look for the error in the log and find a solution in the QuickBooks desktop support sites
- In case, the user doesn’t find any error, then he/she can attempt to restore the recent backup. Choose the file, and then move to the restore but ensure that you do not overwrite the existing company file
- In case the user added any information to the company file after the backup
- And then the user would have to add them manually and restore
- The last step is to seek for assistance in case of further assistance
Rebuilding and verifying data files in QuickBooks desktop can be a little easy, once the steps above are performed in a proper manner.
However, if you are unable to perform the steps stated in the post above, then in that case feel free to call our QuickBooks desktop support team professionals at 1-800-761-1787, and let our experts perform the necessary steps for you.