Thanks to the latest feature WhatsApp Status, one can now easily share information about themselves with all of their contacts for a period of 24 hours after which it automatically gets deleted.
However, there have been users who have complained about this being an invasion of privacy and that others simply didn’t need to see their personal profile pictures and videos on their contact lists.
While the sharing functionality does allow users to limit sharing to only from one person at a time, it doesn’t do anything if you would like to actually exempt certain people from seeing your WhatsApp status altogether. Is there some way around this limitation?
Yes, for this you learn how to hide WhatsApp status from someone, and how to show WhatsApp status to selected contacts?
Here are the steps for how to hide your WhatsApp status on Android.
- Open Whatsapp on your device.
- Go to Status Section.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner.
- Click on Status Privacy
- The next screen that follows, tap on “My Contacts Except”.
- Select the people from whom you want to hide WhatsApp status then click on the green tick option from the bottom right corner.
Here are the steps for how to hide your WhatsApp status on
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone.
- Click on the setting icon present at the bottom right.
- From the Settings window, click on Account.
- Click on Privacy.
- Click on Status.
- Now Click on Only Share with.
- Here, you can choose whom you want to show the WhatsApp status.
Follow these steps to update your privacy and hide your WhatsApp status.