QuickBooks error H505 is generally associated with the multi-user mode and shows up on the screen with a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The error indicates that the firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server. The user might also encounter the error due to damaged company files. Read the blog till the end to learn more facts related to QuickBooks error H505.
If you are searching for an immediate solution to fix QuickBooks error H505, then dial our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Why does QuickBooks error H505 appear?
There are numerous reasons behind the error. A few of them are listed below:
- QuickBooks services are not running on the server computer.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- The firewall is preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the server.
Now, scroll down through the blog and choose the most appropriate solution to fix the error.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 6176
Quick Ways to tackle QuickBooks error H505
The following troubleshooting solutions will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Turn off multi-user access on workstations
The server computer should be the only one hosting the company file. If your workstation is hosting the company file, follow these steps to disable it:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option. If the option is not visible, go to another workstation, this workstation is not causing the problem.
- Now, move to the server computer.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
If the error continues, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Create a new company file folder
- Move to your C: drive.
- Create a new folder.
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Search for the company file with the .qbw extension.
- Right-click the .qbw file and select Copy.
- Open the new folder and Paste the file.
- Also, set permissions to share company files.
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the file from the new location.
If you still get the error, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3. Download the latest QuickBooks update
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Find QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the icon and choose Run as administrator.
- On the No Company Open screen, move to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Next, click Save.
- Select Update Now tab and then mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, select Get Updates.
You can also run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve the error if the solutions mentioned above didn’t work. This brings us to the end of this blog. We hope you find it helpful. If you still have any queries about QuickBooks Error H505, connect with the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our helpline number 1-(800)-579-9430.