A tyre plays a significant role to enhance the stability and comfort of a vehicle. No matter what is the weather or how difficult a road is, a quality set of tyres may help you to drive smoothly on the road. The tyre industry produces different types of Tyres Alton available for every weather. These are summer, winter, and all-season tyres. The tyres enable us to withstand any environment or road conditions to avoid any hassle.
Therefore, it is mandatory to repair and maintain a tyre to avoid any technical glitch. In fact, some glitches require professional help to carry out precise repairs. For instance, in the case of a flat tyre, one may not be able to perform properly, but it is essential that one should have basic skills to initiate this task.
7 few easy tips on how to change a flat tyre are—
1. Safety– A tyre should never be changed on a hill or an incline, always replace it on a flat surface. Bricks or metal wheels should be used to block the tyre at the front point of the car from the point that is raised, only to avoid any movement of the car while changing.
2. Tools – Always make sure to have all the requisite tools to avoid any last-minute rush. The replacement of a tyre requires a long process and many tools. So, all of these must be present. Some of the tools are- wrench, jack, owner’s manual, spare tyre.
3. Remove wheel cover and wheel nuts- It is advised to look for the owner’s manual before starting the process as it always helps. The owner’s manual will guide you as to where you should put the jack for a car. It is very important to use these whacking points as they are strong and durable enough to hold up carjacking. These points are marked or highlighted with groves or small notches. As soon as the jack is placed, the wheel cover should be removed, and wheel nuts should be loosened with the help of a wrench.
4. Remove the tyre– Remove the lug nuts and place them safely. Hold the flat tyre with both hands and pull it off. The tyre should slide along the bolts until it clears the end of the bolt and its weight can be supported. Keep rolling the flat tyre to the rear to place it aside from the vehicle.
5. Fix the spare tyre– Keep the tyre and wheel on the ground in a correct position, fix the bolt holes of the spare wheels with the stud’s holes which makes it easier to lift the wheel. Tighten all the wheel nuts by hand, starting from the bottom nut first which would help in holding the wheel properly. With the help of a wheel brace, carefully tighten the wheel nuts, and again check them with the wrench when the car is back onto the ground.
6. Replace the wheel cover- Lower the vehicle with the help of a jack. Turn the handle to lower it until the new wheel, and the tyre supports the weight of the car, and then take the jack out. If the wheel covers are delicate, the owner’s manual gives complete instructions on how should one replace it. It is advised to protect the hand with a soft piece of cloth so that one doesn’t get hurt, and the cover doesn’t get hit with a wrench or hammer because that may cause a dent.
7. Checking air pressure- It is very important to maintain the correct tyre pressure to ensure maximum safety. Therefore, one must check the tyre pressure regularly to avoid any unnecessary glitch. However, if the pressure is lower than the required amount, one should drive slowly to the garage and get the Hankook tyres Alton repaired immediately.