When choosing accounting software, most people rely on the QuickBooks application to manage their business finance. Even though the software has been people’s choice, sometimes it gives rise to a plethora of inevitable errors. Such a circumstance becomes a hindrance and affects your work badly. For instance, the QuickBooks update error comes across when attempting to update the QB Desktop. Not downloading the latest QB updates can prevent you from availing yourself of its latest features. Thus, in this article, we will discuss the issue in more detail.
Our QuickBooks experts team is within reach round the clock to help its customers. Thus, if you face any problems while dealing with update errors, immediately connect with one of the experienced professionals via Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
What are the Factors That Affect the Update Error in QuickBooks?
Below are a few pointers that will explain why an update issue arises in your QB screen-
- You might not have configured your internet connection settings properly, because of which the error is coming up.
- Secondly, it might also happen that the firewall of your Windows is preventing you from updating the QB Desktop and its services.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6175
Ways to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Update Error
Have you been trying out different debugging methods to resolve the update error in QuickBooks but could not do it? Don’t get worried! In this section of the blog, we have described the most efficient working solutions to fix such an error. Have a look into both methods and follow each step precisely-
SOLUTION 1: Verify the Setup of Internet Connection
- Start your QuickBooks Desktop and click on the ‘Internet Connection Setup’.
- After that, choose ‘Use my computers’ Internet Connection Settings to Establish a Connection when this application accesses the Internet’.
- Tap ‘Next’ and hit ‘Advanced Connection Settings’.
- Next, jump to the ‘Advanced’ tab and click on the ‘Restore Advanced Setting’ option.
- Save the new changes, choose ‘OK’ and then ‘Done’.
- At the end, attempt to download the latest updates of your QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Unable To Send Emails
SOLUTION 2: Give Firewall Access to the Following Files
As the windows firewall settings can sometimes give rise to the issue, you must turn on ports 80 and 443 and allow access to the below-mentioned files-
We suppose by now you must have been to resolve the QuickBooks update error by taking references from this blog. We have tried our best to provide you with all the required detail about the error. In fact, the debugging methods mentioned here have been ultimately tried and tested by our entire team of QuickBooks experts. Thus, if you have any questions or face difficulties in resolving the issue, do not hesitate to reach out to one of the certified professionals by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1920