If you are a regular QuickBooks user, you might be aware that the ‘15’ error series in QuickBooks is concerned with the payroll update error. The payroll service in the application is a section where the salary details of an employee are maintained. However, at times, some issues can arise because of which you might not be able to update or operate your payroll tax table. For instance, QuickBooks error 15270 triggers the following message, “Error 15270: The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file”. To get through the error successfully, you must give this article a thorough read and learn the methods to troubleshoot it.
Receiving QuickBooks payroll update error 15270, but do not know what to do about it? Dial and connect with one of our experienced professionals at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 for instant solutions.
What Triggers the Payroll Update Error Code 15270?
If you want to the exact causes that provoke the problem, then check out the following enlisted points-
- One of the reasons can be that you might not have performed to download the entire payroll update.
- It is also possible that the subscription of your payroll update is inactive, due to which you are unable to download the latest updates of the payroll tax table.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15311
Instant Ways to Remove the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 15270
Are you tired of searching for the most suitable troubleshooting methods to eliminate the issue? We are here to help you. Refer to the solutions we have mentioned below and perform them carefully-
SOLUTION 1: Perform the Process of Downloading the Payroll Update
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop and move to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option.
- Now, in the following window, hit the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Checkmark the ‘Reset Updates’ checkbox and then tap ‘Get Updates’.
- To reset, click ‘OK’.
- After the update finish, an ‘Update Complete’ message will pop up.
- Next, re-launch QuickBooks and if you see the ‘QuickBooks Update Service’ message, hit the ‘Install Now’ button.
- Once the installation completes, shift to the ‘Employees’ tab and tap ‘Get Payroll Updates’ to reinstall the payroll updates.
- Select ‘Download entire payroll update’ and at last, click ‘Update’.
SOLUTION 2: Check Whether the Payroll Subscription is Active Or Not
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and move to the ‘Employees’ tab.
- Tap ‘My Payroll Service’ and then ‘Account/Billing Information’ or ‘Account Info/Preferences’.
- Log into your Intuit Account and go to the ‘QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance’ page.
- In the end, check if the status is active or not.
- If not, activate it.
We suppose you must have gained sufficient knowledge about the QuickBooks error 15270. In case you require any further details related to the payroll update error code 15270, do not hesitate to have a one-to-one conversation with our technical support team via Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12029