Outlook is surely an amazing email service provider that has great features, enhancing updates, and alluring services. Yet the users of Outlook face various tech-related issues, and so it needs to be fixed. The users do put up questions like Why Outlook won’t open? You can go through this blog to find out the ways to fix my Outlook 365 won’t open. Just have a look at this blog, so you will find answers to all your questions.
What are the causes behind Outlook won’t open?
There are many reasons behind Outlook won’t open; all you are expected to do is to follow and implement a few important instructions that are explained here.
- Issues related to Problematic add-ins
- Problems associated with Damaged Files
- Maybe a corrupted file could be the reason
- Issues related to the navigation pane
The above-stated causes could be the possible reasons behind Outlook won’t open. Check out the steps to know more.
How can I fix Outlook won’t open in Windows?
You can fix Outlook won’t open Windows 10 by implementing just some of the important steps that are explained below.
- First of all, you should open Outlook in safe mode.
- Now, you must disable add-ins, and to do it, you must select the File and then options and then add-ins. Now, in the manage section, you should select go.
- After that, you are supposed to clear the checkboxes, which are just next to the add-ins that you want to disable.
- And then, you should select OK.
- Now, you must repair Outlook, which means you are expected to close all Office applications; now, you should go to start and then click on Control Panel.
- After that, you are expected to choose the category view.
- In the programs section, you must uninstall a program.
- Now, you should right-click on Microsoft Office and then choose the change button.
- Then, you must select online Repair or Repair.
- Now, you are expected to choose yes if a user account control prompt appears.
- You are supposed to restart Outlook after completion.
- After that, you should Repair your Outlook profile, and so you are expected to apply a few important instructions. First of all, you must select File and then click on account settings and then go to mail and then choose Repair to open the Repair wizard and then follow the prompts to complete the wizard and then restart Outlook.
- You must repair Outlook Data Files. You are supposed to exit Outlook and then download and open the Inbox Repair Tool from Microsoft. Now, you should select browser and then navigate to your personal folders (.pst) file and then select the start button. Now, you are expected to choose Repair if the scan finds an error. And then, you should restart Outlook.
- Now, you must reset the Navigation Pane. To do it, you must exit Outlook, and then go to start and then run or press Windows key+R. Now, you should type and paste outlook.exe/resetnavpane and select Ok. You can open Outlook, and then the navigation pane will be reset.
By executing the above-stated steps, you can simply find out that the ways to fix Outlook won’t open. Once you do apply the steps, you can simply find out the answer to questions like why won’t Outlook open.
How can I fix Outlook won’t open on Windows 10 and 11?
To fix Outlook won’t open Windows 10 and 11, you are supposed to follow and apply a few important instructions that are given below:
You can reset Navigation Pane
- In the beginning, you are supposed to right-click on the Windows icon
- Then you can on the run window
- After that, you should type this code and then click on enter
Then, you can start Outlook in safe mode
- You should Press Windows key +R to access the run terminal
- Now, start in Outlook in safe mode, and then copy-paste this code
- Now, you must click on ok
You should Repair MS Office
- You must Press Windows key+R
- Now, you can simply press appwiz.cpl and then enter
- After that, you need to find the MS Office package
- Now, you must simply click on the right-click on the installed office package, and then you must click on the change
- After that, you are supposed to click on the radio button, which is just beside the Quick Repair
- After that, you are supposed to click on the Repair
Once you do follow and apply the above-stated steps, you can simply find out the ways to fix Outlook won’t open Windows 10 and 11.
How can I fix Outlook Search not working?
To Fix Outlook search not working, you are supposed to follow and apply a few important instructions that are given below:
You must update Outlook
- You should launch Outlook
- Now, you must click on the File tab and then click on the office account
- After that, you are required to click on office updates; you must click on update now
You must check out the index status
- You must click on the search tab in the Outlook application
- Now, you are expected to select the search Tools
- And then, you must click on indexing status from the drop-down
- Wait for a few minutes so that all the items are indexed completely
You should enable the Outlook indexing option.
- You must click on the start menu, and then you must type the indexing option in the search box.
- Now, you can select the displayed option.
- Then, in the indexing options dialog box, and then check if the Microsoft Outlook is listed under the Index these locations column.
- If Microsoft Outlook is not listed, then select modify.
- Now, you must click to enable the checkbox, which is next to Microsoft Outlook.
- Then you should click on OK and then select close.
One can go through this blog, and so you will be to fix issues like Outlook won’t open. Once you do follow the step, you can resolve the issues. Look at steps to find out the ways to troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook search not working.