Carrot and cinnamon self tanning oils are even better than lotions in my opinion because there is less chance of getting streaked and blotchy. It takes less oil to cover the whole body with the lotion or cream. It is quicker to apply and rub after showering.
- 3/4 of a jug of water
- 1/2 kilo of fresh carrots (unpeeled)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- Rinse the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- Boil the water.
- Add the sliced carrots and brown sugar.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for three hours.
- Turn off the stove and let the fake tanning oil cool.
- Pour the oil through a filter to separate the lumps from the liquid.
- Pour the self tanner into a spray bottle.
- Apply once a week to maintain color.
- If you want to get the most out of it, get all the liquid out of the carrots like straining it and applying a little pressure.
- Make sure there are no carrot chunks in your tanning solution, or the spray bottle will clog, and the oil won’t come out properly.
You will get a very natural homemade tanning oil.