QuickBooks Error 80070057 states that the parameter is incorrect when you access the company file. Being a company file error, this error makes it hard for you to open the company file. Hence, this error can be quite a nuisance for you if you can’t fix it. Therefore, you must take swift action to fix this error in no time. To do that, read the blog carefully.
If the measures described below are not enough, you can get connected with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 80070057 While Opening Company File
You can get this error on your screen and get confused as to what could be the reason behind this error. Since the causes are many, you should be effective at diagnosing them. Failing to do so can fail your entire error resolving strategy. Read the causes carefully given below:
- If the company file is not at its original location, you can see this error on your screen.
- Some data file is damaged or corrupt.
- Corruption of network data file can also trigger this error.
- You don’t have the necessary admin rights to access the company file.
With these points understood, you can now move to the next section that’ll cover the solutions that can fix this error.
You May Also Read – QuickBooks Error 1603
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 Parameter Incorrect
As you’ve seen, the causes are many. However, with the causes, there are solutions that fix the reason for the error. If you execute steps as per the reason for your error, your error will get fixed in the blink of an eye. Go through the measures given below:
Solution 1: Open QuickBooks As Administrator
To access the company file, you may require additional administrative rights. Go through the measures explained below:
- Exit QuickBooks and move to the Desktop.
- You can now right-click on the QB icon.
- Select the Run As Administrator option.
- You can click on the company file and choose Open if the company file doesn’t open automatically.
If these steps don’t fix your error, try the next method stated below.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks Network Data File
You can rename the QuickBooks network data file to fix this error efficiently. Perform the measures explained below:
- Open QuickBooks installation directory and search for the files having .ND extension. It should have the same name as the company file.
- You can right-click on the file and rename it.
- Now, add .XYZ at the end of the filename and save it.
- Perform the same measures as you were performing earlier. Finally, check for the error.
QuickBooks Error 80070057 can get fixed with the measures that are given in this blog. However, it’s best to execute the steps as per the reason for your error. Doing this will resolve your error quickly in no time. Therefore, make sure to read the causes carefully and execute the right steps with precision.
If you ever find yourself in any trouble, contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.