The Multi-user mode in QuickBooks allows numerous users to access the application at one go. However, this feature can work well only if its settings are configured properly. Any misconfiguration could lead to an issue like the QuickBooks Error H505, which generally means that there is a program or ongoing activity that is prohibiting the multi-user mode. Another situation when this glitch arises is when more than workstations has been set as the server for QB, instead of just one host computer. So let us dive deep into this error, and understand the concept that revolves around its causes and solutions.
Yes sometimes it gets tricky to configure errors like QuickBooks Error H505. In these situations, it would help if you get in touch with our team of professionals at 1-855-856-0042 to eliminate the matter.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error H202
Points that Provoke QuickBooks Error Code H505
- A block imposed by the Windows firewall or anti-virus.
- Misconfigured host settings.
- A damaged Network Data (.ND) file.
- Operating an outdated QuickBooks Desktop.
Practical Methods that can Fix QuickBooks Error Message H505
Below we have mentioned the reliable ways that can help you get rid of error H505 in QuickBooks –
Method 1 – Make Changes in the QuickBooks Host Settings
- You need to operate the workstation/s that has encountered the error.
- Access QuickBooks but do not access your company file.
- Press the File tab and move your cursor to Utilities.
- From the menu that emerges, if the option “Host Multi-User Access” is visible to you, do not select it.
- Instead, if you see “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access,” click on it.
- Follow the same procedure on all the workstations.
- Next, move to the system that is hosting your company file, and access QuickBooks.
- Tap on the File menu and scroll down to Utilities.
- Here, you need to do the opposite of what you did above.
- Select the “Host Multi-User Access” option, and ignore “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.”
Method 2 – Move the Company File to a New Folder and Change the Permission Access
- Move to the folder that holds your company file.
- Click right on the file and choose to Copy.
- Go to your desktop home screen.
- Click right and select the New Folder option.
- Open the folder, right-click and Paste.
- Close the folder, right-click on it and tap on Properties.
- Move the cursor to the Share section, choose Advanced Settings.
- Tick the “Share this Folder” box and hit the Permissions button.
- When you see the Everyone section, tick the Full Control box.
- Hit Apply, then OK.
- Access the company file to check if the issue has been resolved.
After looking at the causes and solutions of QuickBooks Error H505, we hope that the information mentioned above helped you in resolving QuickBooks Pro Advisor the same. If you wish to clarify your doubts and issues, our expert team is available to assist you round the clock at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | QuickBooks won’t open