There is no doubt that QuickBooks is one of the most amazing accounting software employed by hundreds and thousands of people from all over the world. However, that doesn’t make QuickBooks immune to errors and technical bugs. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error H202, which falls under the category of the multi-user errors and usually occurs when a user tries to switch QuickBooks Desktop from single-user mode to multi-user mode or connect to the company file, stored on the server computer, from any of the workstations. The error code pops up on the computer screen with an error message, which states, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” There can be numerous reasons behind the occurrence of such a multi-user error that we aim to discuss with you, alongside the solutions through this post.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error H202 without wasting your precious time on implementing any tiresome troubleshooting solutions? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.
What can be the reasons prompting error H202 in QuickBooks?
Error H202 in QuickBooks usually takes place when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not set up to function on the host computer. There are other reasons also, like the ones we have mentioned below:
- The security settings of Firewall Defender are blocking the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from connecting to the internet connection on the host computer.
What should you do to get over QuickBooks error H202?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the host computer
- Open any web browser on the host computer.
- Visit Intuit’s official website, find the latest version (22.214.171.124) of QuickBooks Tool Hub, and locate it on the desktop.
- Click on the installation file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the instructions you see on the screen.
- Finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub by accepting the terms and conditions.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Open option.
- Select the Network Issues tab located at the left pane of the window.
- Click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
- Select the Start Scan button and then the Browse button to find and choose the company file on the computer.
- Click on the Start button.
- Once the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is done scanning the company file, click on the Close button.
- Double-select the QuickBooks Desktop icon to open the application.
- Go to the File menu located at the upper menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Switch to Multi-User Mode option and see if you get the error or not.
Solution 2) Set the security settings of Firewall Defender for QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the Windows key on the keyword to select the Start menu.
- Enter “Windows Firewall” into the search box and select Windows Firewall Defender from the search results.
- From the left panel, select the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and choose the New Rule option.
- Select the Port option and then click on the Next button.
- Choose the TCP option.
- In the Specific local ports column, enter the port number according to the version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the Allow the Connection option and click on the Next button.
- When prompted, select all the profiles and click on the Next button.
- Create a new rule with the name QBPorts(year).
- Once you are done making the inbound rules, click on the Finish button.
- Repeat the aforementioned steps in the same manner, to create outbound rules, except right-click on Outbound Rules rather than Inbound Rules.
If you can’t rectify QuickBooks error H202 even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, then there might be some complications with the network connectivity between the server and the workstation. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to run the QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub on the host computer and check if this fixes the error or not. For further troubleshooting assistance fixing the multi-user error, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.