QuickBooks error 12007 falls under the category of 12000 series, which often gets triggered when a user tries to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll to the most recent release. The error prompt unexpectedly shows up on the user’s computer screen with an error message, which basically says, “A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.” Resolving such an update error is necessary because updating QuickBooks Desktop and the payroll service improves the overall efficiency and brings the latest features. Therefore, we come up with this post to explain to you why error 12007 arises and how you can get over it as quickly as possible.
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 12007 without breaking a sweat? If yes, don’t hesitate to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391 .
What can be the reasons behind the existence of QuickBooks error code 12007?
Usually, QuickBooks error code 12007 happens when QuickBooks Desktop fails to connect to the update server because of the incorrect Internet Explorer security settings. However, there can be other reasons also, such as:
- The Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet.
Read Also :- QuickBooks Error 15241
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 12007?
Solution 1) Manually configure the security settings of the Internet Explorer browser
- Double-select the icon of Internet Explorer to open the web browser.
- On the keyboard, press the Alt key to select the Tools menu.
- From the drop-down list, select the Internet Options option.
- Go to the Security tab, select the icon of Globe, and ensure that the security level is set to Medium-high.
- Move on to the Connections tab, select the Never Dial a Connection checkbox if you don’t use the dial-up node (DUN) on the computer. If you do use DUN on the system, choose the correct ISP.
- Choose the OK button.
- On the Connections tab, choose the LAN Settings button and select the automatically detect settings option.
- See whether the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is checked or unchecked.
Note: If the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is checked, make sure to document the complete address and port.
- If you notice the port is port 80, clear the checkbox for testing purposes.
- If you notice the port is not port 80, let the checkbox be checked.
- Choose the OK button.
- Go to the Advanced tab and select the Restore Advanced Settings button.
- Under the Settings section, look for the Use TLS 1.2 checkbox and check it.
- Select the OK button.
- On the keyboard, press Alt and F4 keys simultaneously to close down Internet Explorer.
- Reboot the computer.
Solution 2) Manually set up a firewall exception for the QuickBooks program
- Select the Start menu, enter “Windows Firewall” into the search box, and choose Windows Firewall Defender from the search results.
- At the left pane of the screen, select the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and select the New Rule option.
- Choose the Program option and then select the Next button.
- Select the This Program Path button and then the Next button.
- On the keyboard, press Windows and E keys altogether to open File Explorer.
- Open the C: drive and navigate to the following path: Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate.
- Find the QBUpdate.exe file in the folder and select it.
- Choose the Next button.
- Select the Allow the Connection option and then the Next button.
- Make sure to select all the profiles as prompted and then select the Next button.
- Set up a new rule with the name “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
- Repeat the steps mentioned above in the same order to create Outbound Rules, except you are required to select Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules.
If QuickBooks error 12007 still occurs even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then any security applications installed on the computer might be preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet connection. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to use Windows Selective Startup mode to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the update error, feel free to speak to our technical experts at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391 .