Bumped into QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file issue? Well, if that is the case, then all you need to do is to perform the activities that are mentioned later in this segment. You might come across such an error when the QuickBooks software fails to communicate with the company file or make a connection with it. This message is often seen with a warning message that says “Cannot communicate with the company file”. It further indicates that the program is installed on the user’s system to permit shared access to the company file. As a consequence of this error, the software might not be able to communicate with the company file for an unusual reason.
To get a better grip on to QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error, all you need to do is to perform the below stated set of steps. Or another option is to connect with our tech support professionals and they will perform the necessary tasks for you.
What instigates QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error?
You might come across this particular error due to the following reasons:
- One of the basic reasons can be, when the installed firewall isn’t configured in a proper manner or installed on the network.
- Another reason can be if the .nd file is damaged or missing.
- You might come across similar issue if the DNS settings aren’t proper.
- Moreover, if the connection to the server has been lost or showing a wrong configuration setting, then it is most probable to come across such an error.
Measures to eliminate the QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error
Well, now that you are well versed with the factors triggering such an error, it is high time to perform the required steps and eliminate the issue from its root cause. You can perform the below measures and try fixing the issue:
Solution 1: Manually updating QuickBooks
- Start off with stopping company/ log off from the file menu.
- Furthermore, perform the steps for all the company file that are open.
- You now have to select the file and exit tab, if in case you want to open multiple company files in the QuickBooks desktop.
- Once you are done with the above step, you need to head to home screen or desktop and navigate to QuickBooks desktop.
- Right click on it and also open with run as admin.
- Moreover, ensure that you are on the No company open screen.
- Along with that select update QuickBooks from the help menu.
- You now have to choose options tab.
- Go for the mark all option and choose save tab.
- Also, choose the update now tab.
- And head to the reset update tab and click on get updates tab.
- You need to quit the QuickBooks software after you get the update complete message
- Reopen the QuickBooks software.
- And head forward with yes tab.
- Reboot the system after the process ends.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- Herein, you are supposed to head to the network issues.
- Further look for the QuickBooks database server manager.
- In case you haven’t installed QuickBooks on the server already, then you will be asked to install it now.
- You need to now open the QuickBooks database server manager and choose start scan, in case you are able to spot the company file folder.
- However, if you aren’t able to spot the company file, the browse for the same.
- The QuickBooks database server manager will fix the firewall permissions.
- Last but not the least, you are supposed to choose close after the scan completes.
Chucking off the QuickBooks error cannot communicate with the company file error can be a little easy, once the above stated steps are performed in a proper way. However, as always, for any queries, comments, or concerns, reach out to us at 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be more happy to help you.