Want to install QuickBooks Desktop on the computer, but every time you attempt to do it, QuickBooks error 1712 pops up on the computer screen? If yes, make sure to read this post until the end to know the reasons behind its occurrence and what exactly you need to do to get over it.
You might be getting the following error message with the error pop-up:
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.”
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 1712? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical support team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 1712?
Down below, we have mentioned all the possible reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 1712:
- Any QuickBooks program file is either damaged or corrupted.
- Outdated Windows operating system.
What are the ways to rectify QuickBooks error 1712?
Solution 1) Run the Quick Fix my Program tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
From Intuit’s official website, get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (126.96.36.199) and save it on the Windows desktop.
- Choose the setup file QuickBooksToolHub.exe you downloaded and follow the instructions you see on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing.
- Double-select the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s icon to open the software.
- From the left pane of the window, select the Program Problems tab.
- In the Fix My Program section, choose the Quick Fix my Program button.
- Once the tool is done repairing the QuickBooks program files, try to install QuickBooks Desktop again on the computer.
Solution 2) Download and install the latest Windows updates
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Enter “Settings” into the search column and select Settings from the list of search results.
- In the settings, find the Update & Security option and double-select it.
- From the left pane of the window, select the Windows Update tab.
- Select the Check for updates button to download and install the latest Windows update.
Solution 3) Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- Select the Installation Issues tab at the left pane of the screen.
- In the Fix My Installation Issues section, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button.
- Once the tool is done repairing the QuickBooks installation files, try to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, if you cannot get rid of QuickBooks error 1712, then there is a great possibility that the Microsoft components required for QuickBooks to run are either damaged or unregistered. Our recommendation for you is to try to repair the Microsoft components, like MSXML or NET Framework and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the QuickBooks installation error, feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.