QuickBooks Desktop, well known for its easy-to-use interface and pretty efficient features, is employed by thousands of companies from all over the world. However, inspite of the beneficial aspect of using QuickBooks, we can’t ignore the fact that it’s also prone to errors and bugs. QuickBooks error PS038 is among the most observed errors, which users get while trying to work with the QuickBooks payroll service or download payroll updates. An error message pops up on the computer screen displaying, When paychecks get stuck as “Online to Send.” Through this post, we intend to talk about the reasons that cause QuickBooks error PS038, alongside the troubleshooting fixes.
Are you searching for instant troubleshooting guidance fixing QuickBooks error PS038? If yes, don’t hesitate to speak to QuickBooks experts at 1-855-948-3646.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks error code PS038?
Generally, QuickBooks error code PS038 gets triggered when the user has an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop. There can be numerous other reasons behind it, such as:
- One of the paychecks might have been stuck as ‘Online to Send.’
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15311
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error PS038?
Solution 1) Update your QuickBooks Desktop software to the most recent release
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- While on the No Company Open window, choose the Help menu.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Reach the Options tab and click on the Mark All button.
- Click on the Save button.
- Reach the Update Now tab and checkmark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on the Get Updates button to download the latest QuickBooks updates.
- After downloading the QuickBooks updates, close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- To install the downloaded QuickBooks updates, select the Yes option on the installer.
- After installing the QuickBooks updates, restart your computer.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, try to update payroll to the latest tax tables and see whether you receive any error.
Solution 2) Solve the issue of stuck paychecks using the QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild tool
- Shut all the opened windows.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Desktop and select the Open option.
- Go to the File menu (located at the top-most bar).
- Click on the Utilities option.
- From the Utilities side menu, select the Verify Data option.
- If the Verify Data tool shows stuck paychecks in the result, open the File menu again.
- From the Utilities side menu, select the Rebuild Data option.
- Once the tool is done fixing the issue of stuck paychecks, reopen QuickBooks Desktop and try to download payroll updates.
If you get QuickBooks error PS038 even after following the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above in the post, then our suggestion for you is to get additional troubleshooting assistance fixing it from QuickBooks professionals at 1-855-948-3646. Our QuickBooks assistance team is adept in the art of error solving and will surely make the entire troubleshooting procedure a matter of seconds for you.