Whenever you are in the process of exporting a report to an excel file, you come across the QuickBooks error C 224. The error, in particular, happens to take place in the company file, and at times, the large size of the data file results in higher chances of receiving such an issue. As a result, in this article, we are going to look into the matter in more detail to gain all the requisite knowledge about it. First, we have focused on the reasons that cause the error and, later, two different ways to fix it permanently. Read it thoroughly.
Do you find it challenging to eliminate the QuickBooks company file error C 224? Our QuickBooks certified experts team is available 24*7 to assist you. Contact the team through 1.855.738.2891.
Why Do You Come Across the Data Damage Error Code C 224 in QuickBooks?
If you are unable to figure out why the issue is continuously popping up, make sure to have a look at the following points-
- One of the essential files of QuickBooks, that is, the transaction log file, has been damaged or corrupted because of which you incur the error.
- Your corrupted company file can also be one of the major reasons for receiving the problem.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS033
What are the Different Ways of Removing the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message C 224 Appropriately?
Cannot find a suitable troubleshooting process to get rid of the issue? Do not stress out! Check out the solutions we have explained further in detail-
SOLUTION 1: Fix the Damaged Transaction Log File By Renaming It
- At first, from your Windows desktop, go to the location where the company file folder is located.
- Once found, search for the file that has a similar name as your company file but with the .TLG file extension.
- Now, you are required to right-click on the file and hit the ‘Rename’ option.
- Rename it by adding the word ‘.OLD’ at the very end of the file name.
- After that, press the ‘Enter’ key to save the new name.
- Finally, launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6073
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility Feature in QB
- After opening your QuickBooks Desktop, choose the ‘File’ menu and hit the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Next, move the cursor to ‘Verify Data’ and tap on it.
- If the following message, “Your data has lost integrity,” gets displayed, proceed towards using the ‘Rebuild Data’.
- Again, move to the ‘File’ tab and click ‘Utilities’ to choose ‘Rebuild Data’.
- Now, a backup company file popup window will appear in which you must tap ‘OK’.
- After choosing a location to store the backup data file, click ‘OK’.
- The moment your file gets saved, data rebuild will start running.
- Once it completes, tap ‘OK’.
After going through this blog on QuickBooks error C 224, we believe you must have acquired the relevant knowledge about the same. In case after troubleshooting you still get the problem, do not hesitate to reach out to one of our professionals via 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15276