Lovers of instantly cooked frozen foods are very conscious about the taste, texture, and savor. Therefore, frozen food businesses need to be very careful about maintaining the same standard they first introduced in the market. If the packaging isn’t right in frozen food business, then nothing is right – plain and simple!
Frozen foods need a packaging that keeps food fresh, and saves it from losing shape – eventually preserving taste. As presentable as frozen food packaging boxes should look from outside, the same goes for preservation of inside contents. Frozen foods like fish fillets, sausages, pizza, nuggets etc. With creative logo, high-quality product-relevant images and attractive designing approaches, you can craft amazing boxes for Frozen Foods. Marketing techniques are changing every day. And brands need to elevate the packaging of their different pre-cooked foods.
Let’s look at the most important aspects of frozen food packaging boxes:
Ideal Materials for Frozen Food Boxes:
Materials that are biodegradable, food-grade, eco-friendly, and lightweight – must be used to maintain food standard. Food grade cardboard and Kraft are ideal for packaging such foods. These stock materials ensure long-lasting taste and quality of frozen meat. Their non-toxicity makes them ideal materials for packaging. The materials can sustain low freezing in minus degrees and prevent food items from getting contaminated due to bacteria.
Must-Haves in Custom Frozen Food Packaging Boxes:
The packaging must withstand freezing. Material’s sturdiness and coating are necessary to achieve that. So, the following features are a must:
- Sealed-end styled boxes for preserving the chill and texture.
- Resistant to bacteria, resistance to liquids and robust build
- Must withstand low temperatures
- Handy enough and easy to store. Shape and style of box has role to play here.
- Easy to fill the packaging box with frozen food.
- Printing technique that should ensure designs and colors will not fade away.
Are Frozen Food Boxes Recyclable?
It’s not possible to recycle these boxes. During manufacturing process, the stock material of these boxes is combined with polyethylene. Its helps in maintaining shape in freezing temperatures, prevent condensation, sogginess or complete dryness. It’s close to impossible to separate the thin plastic layer off of these boxes. And instead, these boxes should be disposed off in open landfills.
How can Frozen Food Packaging be Shipped in less Cost?
Shipping frozen foods is not that easy. It requires careful packaging and shipping. Here are some tips to consider so the quality, aroma, and texture inside the packaging is also maintained.
- Dry ice must be used when shipping within the country. It’s rather tough to send frozen foods via shipping as the containers also carry other additional items too.
- Dry ice must be used and consumed with skill to preserve foods. The amounts of used dry-ice must be reported to shipping company.
- Wrap dry ice in papers, before lining it. Keep frozen food in between lines of dry ice.
- While using the cold box to ship pick the one with the thickest walls (1.5 inches) for maximum insulation for keeping frozen for longer times.
Designing Elements for Frozen Food Boxes
Psychologically effective, unique and eye-catching packaging outlook boosts sales and urges customers to buy your frozen foods.
Here are some tips to raise appeal of your frozen food packaging:
- Creatively design your imaginative logo, and tagline in eye-catching typography, and high-quality graphics. The high quality graphics can be in the form of a delicious looking clear image of what’s placed inside. This builds desire.
- Go for flamboyant stamp foiling for logo for food brand identity. Apply reflective coatings like aqueous on the Wholesale Frozen Food Boxes to enhance the unboxing experience. This gets more eye-balls to roll-in and check-out.
- A high quality image of food inside in its cooked form, at the front. This gives the general idea and incites a desire to buy.
- Essential information on the ingredients, quantity, net weight, nutritional facts etc. must be mentioned in clear to read typography.
- The color palette combinations must be in line with the broader theme of your food brand.
- Subtly provide an engaging yet brief introduction of your food business to build an emotional connection with readers. It can be your company’s journey and how you plan to serve your customers. This way, customers nurture brand likeability, if done right!